1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been active since 1959 (Chev. Impala, 348/315 hp, 4 speed, 4.56). Went to Pontiac in '61, again in '62. Stayed there. Still have two of the 188 aluminum front end SD Catalinas. I will try pictures here. The blue car alone is at Marion County, Ohio, the blue and white cars (picture of pictures someone gave me) is at Norwalk, Ohio. I will be there Aug 5 & 6 for the all Pontiac meet. If you live nearby, come see us play drag race. Attachment page tells me my files are too big for this sites capacity. Pictures by email if you are that interested.............

·
Registered
51 Posts
I cant figure out what this post has to do with 1919's but I also drag race. I have a 1964 chevelle ss with a mild 434 inch small block chevy. I have a mark williams 12 bolt with a 4.56 spool coupled to a TCI full manual reverse pattern 400. The car weights 3500 lbs and can turn a 1.52 60 ft time with the best et at [email protected] 104 mph in the 1/8 on DOT street tires......... I have much more info if anyone is interested

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was an active drag racer until the feds banned airport drag racing in the state effective 1-1-2006. :mad: :mad: :mad: There was a drag race every weekend in the summer. So I sold all my car parts and purchased guns. I never even owned or fired a rifle/pistol before this year. Now I can get enough of it. :D Heres my web site with my drag cars. http://www.angelfire.com/co4/041x/

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Its open talk so it doesnt have to be 1919 related. I drag race a 2005 sunfire, 4 cylinder somethin or nother engine, goes 0-60 in about 12 sec's a real neck breaker. It has several #8 stickers on it seein how im a dale Jr fan so it goes faster due to that fact. Now if i get some #20 stickers (Tony Stewart) i can drive fast and kick ass, i always wanted to be tough.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
72 prostreet

I am working on a 72 Nova prostreet right now..It's about 80% done for the track..I ran out of money due to my 1919 addiction..So I won't be raceing this year!!..It has a 69 327cd/ 355hp built nice,.Muncy rock crusher 4 speed stage 2 cluch,.Art morrison race chassy,Ford 9in rearend,..tub'ed with 15in tread sticky mickey's..Solid fiberglass front end that tip's up like a semi truck..And to top all that off 250hp nitro boost..Everything is bran new..I hope to be raceing by spring at N/T raceway in Ohio..If my 1919 will let me;) ...GUNNER 50

·
Registered
58 Posts
90 Mustang Coupe

460 BBF 13:1, 10 Point chrome molly cage, PG 4500 stall, 8.8 rear.

Its about 80% done. Like anything else cars and BFG's are expensive hobbies takes years to get everything....

Lol :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
I raced the pro-comp circuit with a AA/DA blown alky dragster up until 1985.
Had to give it up due to other commitments (house, wife, etc)
Kept my license current up until the early 90s then let it expire. FAA physicals got expensive, and I knew I'd probably never get back into it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
72 Duster, Currently with 380HP 360 crate motor. Putting together 440 cuda on weekends(Need cuda parts if anyone has anything local in western PA). I go to the Flashlight drags at the local airports.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
uhhh, womens clothing??? wow, maybe we ought to go back to the old rules of if it dont relate to 1919 we dont talk about it HA HA.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Most fun I had at Sears Point was running my 1972 Olds Ambulance in the run what ya brung bracket drags. Made it to the semifinals that night. Broke out the last run by .03 of a second. What kind of Cuda parts ya need? Out West here we don't have the Lightened by Mother Nature parts.

1974 Duster
1960 Chrysler Windsor 2dr
Lots of 70-74 Duster parts. Some other MOPAR stuff.
1972 F250 4wd
1967 M715

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I used to drag race -- was cruising through small Conneticut towns on an early Sunday morning, after the Chicago Convention, tryin' to save on toll road fees, "camping out" on a creek in a small town. Driving a Beetle, when another "Beetle", one with this "old" guy pulled up next to me at the stoplight and grinned, revved the engine. Blasted my *** to the next traffice light (now, mine was bored, stroked, ported, tuned piped, multiple carbed and cammed up). He looked over at me grinning, said "It's really a Porsche, underneath." I didn't firgure it out 'til probably years later, it was Paul Newman.

I used to do sanctioned races, didn't cheat, but when I won -- gave my date the trophies for "being the best woman in the world," (at THAT moment, she WAS with ME, so that alone made her the "best"!) After all, what was I gonna' do with all those trophies, otherwise, melt them down into cannonballs?

But, I learned about 40 years ago, that a scoop the size of a garbage can, 12" wide stripes, big tires, loud pipes and burning rubber down the street doesn't impress much of anyone but my date's father when I brought her home 2 hours past curfew -- "What'a y'all been doin'?, where y'all been this late at night" "Oh, just DRAG RACING, why are YOU still up? "

CARRY on!
GARY

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh!, I was gonna tell ya about a neighbor of mine that likes ta dress up in womens evening gowns and go jogging! WE all think he's kinda strange! but I guess that's not what ya meant huh?:p

·
Registered
67 Posts
BIGGUNDOC. Lookin for a Grill, fenders, driverside floor pan, center consol, small odds and ends too numerous to list, 6 pack parts. Mother nature has been kind enough to naturally light alot of the stuff I come across.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
BigEdDouglas said:
Oh!, I was gonna tell ya about a neighbor of mine that likes ta dress up in womens evening gowns and go jogging! WE all think he's kinda strange! but I guess that's not what ya meant huh?:p
KINDA?!?!?!? LOL... He's a whack-job! I'd be tempted to string a fishing line across his path!

Double8: You forgot those #24 stickers so you be just like a cross-dressing jogger!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Top Dragster

Started off with 64 GTO, then 67 Z28 camaro, only 602 of those made, super comp, altered, then dragster. Ran top dragster in IHRA till 2003, blew motor and quit, took up guns.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Not a drag racer just a car guy. My brother and I are working on a 1969 1/2 440 SIXPACK SUPERBEE. It is a real M code car. One of the 1900 or so that Dodge built in the last half of that model year. The first of the SIXPACK cars. Also we are working on a 27T street rod. Puttig a 302 ford in it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Colorado1919 said:
1969 1/2 440 SIXPACK SUPERBEE. It is a real M code car. One of the 1900 or so that Dodge built in the last half of that model year. The first of the SIXPACK cars..
Dodge didn't release the 6 pack the same time as Plymouth?
That doesn't sound right

I will always remember going with my buddy when He took delivery of his 440 6 pack Road runner in the fall of 68.
I was so jealous and I'm not even a Mopar guy.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts

Believe me. I love FAST! X-racer and current Viper & SRT-10 owner (still racing LOL). We never loose the love of that instant power under your foot, but wrong forum.

1st amendment is still OK around here right?

LOL 88 ;) Would those #8 stickers be right next to each other? (88)? You'll go even faster! :D
FN Newman in a Porsche Bug! Sweet GWR! :)

After the ballbreaking we went though before the forum change about posts being on topic and posted in the right place, curious how the mods deal with car talk...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Mopar produced its first SIXPACK cars in 1969 the last half of the model year. They were all built under the A12 option code and the engine code was M for special order V8. Are you sure it wasn't a 383 or Hemi Roadrunner?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts