1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I picked up this L1A1 around '85, or so, at the old LA County Gun Show. It consists of a really nice British L1A1 kit assembled on an Entréprise receiver. Every component has a British marking. Interestingly the receiver does not have the Entréprise name engraved anywhere on it. Doing some research I found that in their past, Entréprise had some financial difficulties and could not pay their subcontractors. It seems one contractor who did their engraving took some their receivers in leu of payment. This receiver was one of those. I called Entréprise and they verified it was one of their receivers, but they would not comment on why their name wasn't engraved on it.

(I had to put on a Canadian C2A1 sight as it is fully adjustable out to 1000 meters)

Since these pictures were taken I picked a British marked Trilux sight and top cover assembly. I haven't taken pictures of it yet.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thats in really great condition for British wood. I see you have a Canadian rear sight. Is it better for accuracy?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Indeed, it is a Entreprise pay-off to a creditor. Good homework! The name wasn't engraved because it was sold before it went on the books as Entreprise retail. Excellent forged ABN receiver, current value $750 plus.

The Canadian sight is incorrect, value about $300-$350.

Can I get a better shot of the markings on the side of the stock?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Thats in really great condition for British wood. I see you have a Canadian rear sight. Is it better for accuracy?
I liked the Canadian C2A1 sight because I can adjust it to a full kilometer. That ain't too bad.
Indeed, it is a Entreprise pay-off to a creditor. Good homework! The name wasn't engraved because it was sold before it went on the books as Entreprise retail. Excellent forged ABN receiver, current value $750 plus.
The Canadian sight is incorrect, value about $300-$350.
Can I get a better shot of the markings on the side of the stock?
I also have a C1A1 sight, but it doesn't out adjust as far the C2A1 version.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here's hoping this will be half as good looking as your!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts