1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a question of curiosity are there any Amateur Radio Operators here? My current call sign is KG5HAK however in about 14 days it will change to K4LZR. What kind of license do you have? What bands do you play on? In light of the craziness going on it my be pertinent to know who some folks are on the radio..

·
Registered
741 Posts
My call sign is WA6ENT, Technician Class since 1970 (Yeah, I know I need to upgrade), don't do much operating right now but I've got Wouxon handhelds for 6m, 2m, 220 & 440, plus I have three Motorla Micors converted to 6, 2 & 440 that I used to have in my 1984 Plymouth Grand Fury police car. I actually bought the Wouxon 2meter & 220 radio so I could monitor the PTC radio transmissions while I was installing the base station and wayside units for the BNSF Railway here in LA.

Sincerely, Paul Taylor

·
Registered
562 Posts
Its been a few years since I have been active. My call sign is KC2IEV, technician class. I mostly played around on the 2 meter band talking to friends around the area while driving (before we all had cell phones and bluetooth hands free setups). I just dug out my handheld radio and am making sure the battery stays charged. This summer I am planning on digging out a mobile unit and amplifier and build an antenna for a base station at the house.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife uncle gave me a radio tower which I have to take down and move to my house. I guess after getting caught up at the shop I'll takle that. I was given a Kenwood 520 and an ICOM IC-2200h radio to start with. I applied for my wife's grandfathers call sign as it showed to be available. The Guard sent us through a ham radio class at annual training which was surprising.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts