1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new in the box NOS AN/PAS-4 IR Light Source (only) that was used on M14 rifles during the early years in Vietnam (before the AN/PVS-1 and 2 scopes cam out). The only one I have seen for sale is at Ohio Ordnance Work (OOW) where they are asking $412.37 for one in good to very good condition.
http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/parts/accessories/original-m14-infrared-spot-lamp

Normally I would keep it and find the scope but under a quirky law in California (save the Kalifornia jokes please) IR scopes specifically (not passive Starlight scopes) are illegal to own in most cases.

What is the value or a fair price to ask for it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Personally, I think that price is crazy. It doesn't even have the glass IR filter with it. Several used and new-in-the box lamp assemblies sold recently when Poulin Auctions sold off the IR stuff from the Sam Bases estate. Unfortunately, they were grouped in large parts lots with a pallet load of other parts to bring the bids up. I've been watching as several night vision items from the auction have been resold on Ebay but haven't seen one of these come up yet.

I bought an entire PAS-4 scope set in the chest for $150 plus fees but the light was the most beat-up part of the set, hence the search for a better one. I'd guess about $100 but perhaps I'm biased because I need one. When you decide what you want, please drop me a note .

Rick

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally, I think that price is crazy. It doesn't even have the glass IR filter with it. Several used and new-in-the box lamp assemblies sold recently when Poulin Auctions sold off the IR stuff from the Sam Bases estate. Unfortunately, they were grouped in large parts lots with a pallet load of other parts to bring the bids up. 've been watching as several night vision items from the auction have been resold on Ebay but haven't seen one of these come up yet.

I bought an entire PAS-4 scope set in the chest for $150 plus fees but the light was the most beat-up part of the set, hence the search for a better one. I'd guess about $100 but perhaps I'm biased because I need one. When you decide what you want, please drop me a note .

Rick
Yes, I agree the OOW price is fairly high that is why I am asking my fellow forum members what a reasonable price would be. I am also 99% sure that the one I have also has the glass IR filter. Been a while since I looked at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts