1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Vickers tripod and mount that I'm using for my Lewis Gun and adapter. I'd like to have it higher so I can stand up while shooting (bad back). I know the 1917 mount has an extension but that won't fit the Vickers. Anything out there that would look and work the same? I'd be open to someone fabricating something as well. Thanks. vickers lewis.jpg

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have a Vickers tripod and mount that I'm using for my Lewis Gun and adapter. I'd like to have it higher so I can stand up while shooting (bad back). I know the 1917 mount has an extension but that won't fit the Vickers. Anything out there that would look and work the same? I'd be open to someone fabricating something as well. Thanks. View attachment 15894
There were several AA extensions made back in the day. The Turks made one as did the Brits to my recollections. The Brit one is price but very nice. I think Sarco use to sell the Turk one. Not sure of specific on either as to which tripod they work on .... The come up on occasion.

Happy hunting.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
The Turk require a mod to the cross head. I seem to recall the Brit one is similar and non-standard.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured out a way to shoot standing by mounting the Lewis Gun adapter on a 1919 modified MG42 tripod. It won't be using the historical Vickers tripod but at least my back will like it more. I'll keep looking for solutions to elevate my Vickers cradle though. image.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts