1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any issues to watch out for running steel cased .308 ammo (such as Tulammo/Wolf) in metal links in a 1919?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
The main issue you have to watch for is the overall length of the cartridge. The Izzy M1919A4 is set up for 7.62mm NATO. While all 7.62mm NATO are .308 Winchester. All .308 Winchester cartridges are not 7.62mm NATO. If the .308 Winchester cartridge is too short you will have malfunctions with the gun.

Cheers

--fjruple

PS-- Welcome on board

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main issue you have to watch for is the overall length of the cartridge. The Izzy M1919A4 is set up for 7.62mm NATO. While all 7.62mm NATO are .308 Winchester. All .308 Winchester cartridges are not 7.62mm NATO. If the .308 Winchester cartridge is too short you will have malfunctions with the gun.

Cheers

--fjruple

PS-- Welcome on board
Thanks FJ. Guess I'll look up the spec for 7.62, get the OAL, set up some calipers and then order some samples of tulammo/wolf/brown bear and see if any of them are long enough.

·
Registered
62 Posts
In the past we have run Wolf with metal links with no problem. The rounds are generally right on the limit of the short side, but we didn't have any malfunctions or failures to extract from the link. Have not tried either of the Bears.

Chris

·
Registered
534 Posts
I had an issue with running linked steel cased Brown Bear through my semi while I had the trunion protector installed. It would fire a couple of shots then jam. Once I removed the trunion protector it fed fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts