1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been scammed by a guy living in that town
the guy bought a german belt loader, so there is a chance some one in our community knows him
it was a reguliar gunbroker auction, he won the auction
sended a cheque to my US adres, waited several days, then i shipped the loader
just a few days after he recieved the loader, ( from what i could see on fedex tracking)
he stopped the cheque via his bank, and the money was pulled out of my account
so,,, i lost a $450.- loader, and an additional $80.- what i payed for shipping
i emailed him several times, no reply, tried calling him, several times got an answering machine
todat he picked up the phone, after i asked for his name, he hung up the phone..
this world really is getting rotten......
i would really like to get this open and let people know who he is
i lost my money, it,s just to warn you guy,s for more jokes he has up in his sleeve
john

·
Registered
367 Posts
A little far for a weekend trip for me...but for a few 50 extractors I could make the trip. What kind of message do you want to send? You might need to send a few more parts after. ;)

·
13,227 Posts
Might be a little difficult to cast the usps money order in another country. Getting a us bank account without a ssn is nearly impossible.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have a us adress, payment are send in name of my friend, so he can cash these, no need for international money orders then
good thing to know from now one i wont be accepting any personale cheques no more

i found out his town is rather small, i believe only 500 people live there
this is his info :
Christopher Thomas
412 N Mulberry St
Farina, IL

phone : 618-704-5706
email : [email protected]

i dont like doing this, but i dont think i have another option, they dont even have a police station i could send an email to
and it,s just for other members also to warn them.

·
Registered
708 Posts
If I was going to St Louis anytime soon I'd swing by for you but no plans as of now. It's about 8hrs from me. For small towns in the US with no police department you call the county sheriff. His looks like the Fayette county sheriff (618) 283-2141.

·
Registered
546 Posts

Some quick research suggests that is his grandparent's house. Christopher Shane Thomas, age 31, may live across the street at 406 W Washington St.

I would call his grandparents and let them know Chris has been a naughty boy.

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
Prior suggestion to call the Co. Sheriff is first action and file a fraud report. Next,because the US mail was used,file a fraud report there also. These 2-actions alone usually dose the job. Also a call to GB and have the guy's account frozen or dissolved.
With the police report on file,call the Fayette Co.,IL prosecutor and file fraud charges. You could also file a fraud case in IL small claims court and get triple damages from this guy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You might try filing a fraud case with G.B. I had to do that once when a guy took my money and sent nothing. G.B. had fraud insurance (at least at that time) and I was eventually paid $500 for my loss. Hope this helps. Nap

1 - 14 of 14 Posts