1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Stemple owners out there? I'm looking for opinions and feedback.... (Went out shooting another guy's guns, and both guns had "troubles"):rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Having repaired a number of them and transferred a number through my license, I am not overly impressed with them. They will run well with some attention to details, but they are a bit cobbled together looking to me.
With the prices rising on these guns, my advice would be to save some money and buy a S&W 76, which are really excellent, look really good and are production guns. Both "tool room" and production examples are available. FWIW

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was eyeballing the ones worked over by BRP. They look pretty good, and the ability to swap caliber is a nice bonus. Plus, I like drums :D

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Oh, well, it would have been helpful to say that you were considering the BRP builds and not the Stemple 45/76s. When one asks about a "Stemple", it means a Stemple 76/45. BRPs guns are not Stemples any more, merely use the registered tubes.
BRPs craftsmanship is excellent but my experience is limited to a handling several of the "Thompson" guns that are built over Stemple tubes.
To clarify, the guns that you mention as having "troubles" were BRP U9s?

·
Registered
330 Posts
stemple

My Thompson/Stemple from BRP works fine, its a hell of a lot cheaper that a real one. If there are any issues Brian at BRP is always ready to resolve them, good guy.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The "Troubles" were probably due to a bad drum (feed issues W/9mm) and both guns, the 9mm and the .45, had trigger issues. Apparently there is a screw under the trigger that... does stuff, and worked loose on both guns. I just wanted to make sure this was a fluke, not the normal. I'm looking really hard at these things, and the wife says I can only have one...

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
If there are any issues Brian at BRP is always ready to resolve them, good guy.
As always Brian is good about any issues with anything he sells, not a bad guy to deal with at all.
CaptMax

Reactions: SuomiSteve
118 Posts
Oh, well, it would have been helpful to say that you were considering the BRP builds and not the Stemple 45/76s. When one asks about a "Stemple", it means a Stemple 76/45. BRPs guns are not Stemples any more, merely use the registered tubes.
BRPs craftsmanship is excellent but my experience is limited to a handling several of the "Thompson" guns that are built over Stemple tubes.
To clarify, the guns that you mention as having "troubles" were BRP U9s?
Yeah, I was going to say the opposite. Only one gun of personal experience, but everybody says the S&Ws are all over the map while the tube guns are GTG. Now I get what you meant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts