1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/714840503

IRISH ENFIELD - NO. 4 MK2 - CAL. 303 IN THE WRAPPER
I have owned this gun for over 20 years. I hate to sell it but I need the funds. C&R is OK.
I have the original shipping box, bayonet and scabbard. $20.00 shipping and I pack well and ship fast!
Last time I looked it was at $800.00
Thank you,
Jim

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
Damn, I used to have one of these, and let it go when I needed some cash flow. That was many years ago, and I didn't get anywhere near $800 back then. If I didn't have too many obligations with a couple of my vendors, I would be in the running. Glad you kept it wrapped, like I had done. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I picked up one about 10 years ago and cleaned it up to shoot. I am not really a collector per say but like to shoot .303 British Lee Enfields and most that I had were pretty used and abused. I wanted one that was not shoot to pieces. I have used the rifle on occasion and fitted a Parker Hale PH5/E rear target sight and its a tack driver. It's a perfect mate to my British No.7 MKI .22LR Target rifle.

--fjruple

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you

Damn, I used to have one of these, and let it go when I needed some cash flow. That was many years ago, and I didn't get anywhere near $800 back then. If I didn't have too many obligations with a couple of my vendors, I would be in the running. Glad you kept it wrapped, like I had done. Good luck!
I hate to sell it also.
the last one to sell on gun broker sold for 1250.00. can you believe it?
Thanks Jim

·
Registered
741 Posts
Holy crap! I have three of those in the back of one of my safes. I bought them at least 20 years ago along with a No. 4 cutaway and a brand spanking new French MAS 36 still in the French wax impregnated cloth wrapper....all for around $900 out the door. A moment of weakness at Old Sacramento Armory (who I believe was the importer, but I could be wrong). I remember it well because my wife really lowered the boom on me when I told her (perhaps "confessed" is more accurate) how much I had spent.

Once again my weapon purchases out-perform my 401K!

·
Premium Member
2,587 Posts
nice, they've been floating around $800-900 for awhile now.
Thanks, I hadn't been paying attention. Bought mine at Rose's in the mid 90s and thankfully never unwrapped it. A 400% rise is plenty, guess it's time to let it go. The reworked Lithgows are my shooters. MSG

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
The reworked Lithgows are my shooters. MSG
that's what i shoot, My Lithgow SmLe ( JJ Co import) and my 1942 Long branch. The other 14 or so various makes/models stay locked up and get cleaned/inspected every 6 weeks or so .

·
Registered
221 Posts
Is this offer still open?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have one.. still in the wrap....and with bayo in the wrap too... guess I gotta get a pic posted.. but I'm not selling it yet... I'd rather work for my money.. it's just paper but a in the wrap rifle is hard to come by... I really really want to unwrap and clean it up and shoot it...but I better not; :jedicrying:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just wish to share a story on those wrapped Enfields.. 1st I like them, wanted to get one, but bought one freshly unwrapped that was mint and cheaper..

A friend of mine purchased one after seeing mine, paid the premium price.. He wanted to do the unwrapping honors and found that the gun underneath had had some wood damage and some metal discoloration from just poor storage over the years.. Some of those guns, even wrapped have not been treated the best and do not think that wrap was to last 60+ years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts