1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
...on the road...again...

Robert is an engineer and is on the rails almost daily. Just talked with him today...twice...a rarity. For a very quick turn around,might send a note to 30calmachingunner (Brian). He has the best record and fastest turn-around for machine work.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Standard turn around time for gun-related work, it will take twice as long as promised. (Excepting Mr. Penley). Robert did some work for me a while back, and the twice as long rule of thumb held true ;)

I have another gun to a different guy for bluing and stock work, it was promised to be done before Christmas 2015 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Last I heard he had a kid now. That'll slow you down for sure ;)

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Yeah I am still around just busier than a cat in a litter box. I broke my last slot cutter and had to order a replacement. Took a while to get another in here.

Kyle I took my ads down as I am not taking any work until I get my backlog worked off. Been working some really long hours at my railroad job and have gotten behind. I rather focus on getting what's here out the door than worry with new stuff.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Yeah I am still around just busier than a cat in a litter box. I broke my last slot cutter and had to order a replacement. Took a while to get another in here.

Kyle I took my ads down as I am not taking any work until I get my backlog worked off. Been working some really long hours at my railroad job and have gotten behind. I rather focus on getting what's here out the door than worry with new stuff.

Good to hear from you! you fell off the map and I didn't know what had happened

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Working a bunch is all. I'll have a little more time towards the end of next month. I still have a few builds left to get shipped out then I am going to take some vacation time and do nothing past hanging out with the little guy and go someplace he wants to go...lol my last vacation was 02-2007..!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I can personally attest to the quality of his work. Hes a good egg.

Crazier than a shithouse rat, but a good guy. ;)

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Scott, that's not a very nice comparison, I mean think of how that must make the shithouse rat feel! :rofl:
Yeah, unless it is a very big rat. Robert is a big guy. :rofl:
CaptMax

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I dont know how that cornfed Southern boy fits into the cab of that Loco he drives much less the path pastvthe engine.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Captmax I have lost a bit of weight, diabetes sucks. I quit smoking 6 years ago and gained 125 pounds. Trade one bad thing off and gain another. The stuff they put me on along with not drinking very many soft drinks is reversing the spare tire belly. Life is slowing down a bit so eating on the go all the time isn't happening as much. Most things in 2015 probably didn't help much. Got my wife squared away more or less finally, that helps out the nerves a bit too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Boy that's one hell of a big rail yard down there in Memphis!

Have you ever run up through Thayer Missouri / West plains?

Brad

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Captmax I have lost a bit of weight, diabetes sucks. I quit smoking 6 years ago and gained 125 pounds. Trade one bad thing off and gain another. The stuff they put me on along with not drinking very many soft drinks is reversing the spare tire belly. Life is slowing down a bit so eating on the go all the time isn't happening as much. Most things in 2015 probably didn't help much. Got my wife squared away more or less finally, that helps out the nerves a bit too.
Robert, Sorry to hear about the health issues. I need to quit smoking myself before I have any major ones. The weight gain wouldn't hurt me a bit.
I didn't mean you were heavy, just that I have to look up at you like Troy or Dennis and it hurts my neck.
All you guys are tall and large, or maybe I'm just short and skinny? Guess I better quit smoking, they tell me it will stunt your growth. :rolleyes:
Glad your stress levels down too. Come to think of it, I have that that problem as well. :rofl:
CaptMax

1 - 20 of 26 Posts