1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been impressed with promag stuff,but I really want a drum mag for my M1A1 and just can't bring myself to blow $200 for the X mag, I see the Promag ones for $80,I could live with that if it works and keeps working.
Anyone buy one yet? Do they work? Are they all plastic? I've never been a fan of plastic mags.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know wether no one saw this or just no one has bothered try one of these,well I finally did and figured I would share my views.
First off it's big,but if you are shooting from a bench it make a perfect rest,second it really hard to insert when fully loaded,there is a lot of pressure on the leading round,if you twist the winding knob it takes enough pressure off to insert.
Loading isn't too bad except the follower isn't attached to the spring so you have to tighten the spring and push the top round down before you can load the next one,but after a few times it becomes easy.
It fed all 50 rounds with no problems,both fast and slow.

·
Premium Member
5,798 Posts
I have no experience with the pro mags but I have played with the X mags and they are very well made but heavy as mentioned so I never felt the need for one. I am lazy like that lol but I do enjoy a drum on the Tommy or an AK

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really liked the X mags but I just couldn't make myself drop $200 plus for a mag,they are much better built and much better looking,but I figure the promag drum would work if ever the SHTF.

·
Premium Member
5,798 Posts
I really liked the X mags but I just couldn't make myself drop $200 plus for a mag,they are much better built and much better looking,but I figure the promag drum would work if ever the SHTF.
Let's hope we NEVER see that day but if we do I have other platforms that will be far more effective than an M14 😉 I am glad the promag worked well for you I have always avoided plastic mags for obvious reasons but if they are just a back up kind of thing then what the heck.

Reactions: Rory

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The M14 is a little more portable then the 1919a6,as long as I'm in a fortified position the 1919's would be my first choice,but if I'm forced out I want something with little more firepower then the AKs.

·
11,678 Posts
All the silly talk aside, the xmags are pro level. Made very very well. I have them for a couple platforms. Split choice and I would not hesitate on those. Thankfully mine were traded for ad space here but they are really well made. I’d totally buy one for my m16 if I didn’t have one already

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the look and feel of the X mags a lot more then the pro mag,but at more then twice the price I just couldn't see it,maybe if I were running a full auto,but since I'm not I'll try the cheapy version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts