1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I’m new here... I built my own semi auto M3 about two years ago and love it!

I have been reading some posts on here the last couple of days and have some questions about this crank fire (MOAT)
Does anyone have one they want to sell?
Are they worth the time/money?
How many rounds per revolution?
Does anyone have drawings or plans for one that they don’t mind sharing?

Thanks!

·
11,226 Posts
send me a message with your email address, i will send the drawings.
they are generally quite expensive. originally i think $1500. now 2500-3500 would be a decent range. only a couple hundred were made. @Rfleet1066 do you have record of how many you actually made?

they are fast and have been timed faster than full auto m3

·
11,226 Posts
i have sent these off to maybe 100 people over the years, likely more. to my knowledge, not a single person has recreated it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol well... hmm ... I’m ambitious but we will see. I made one for my semi auto 1919 and it works very well.

·
Registered
777 Posts
@Rory could I also get the prints? I like to tinker...

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thank you sir!(y)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have one. Won't ever sell it, most recent one I saw moved at $3400 I think.

Yes it's worth it. If you break anything inside you won't ruin a transferable plate and it'll shoot as fast as you want to crank her.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. I’m definitely going to try and build one.. just need to find the time lol

·
Premium Member
5,404 Posts
i have sent these off to maybe 100 people over the years, likely more. to my knowledge, not a single person has recreated it.
Actually I think autofire here made two of them and they looked spot on. He did a very nice job on them.

·
11,226 Posts
in for a penny in for a pound. He should have made a dozen!
Really though, I didn’t know anyone went for it. I’d love to see some photos if you have them @autofire

·
Premium Member
5,404 Posts
I agree and at the very least he should have made me one I mean really what the heck!

·
Premium Member
5,404 Posts
I am not sure you should hold your breath until that happens J. I have been TRYING to slow down for years but with friends like Dolf and a few others here I will have at least 30 years of work left AFTER I die.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I’ll see if I can dig up some photos Up Rory. The reason I didn’t make anymore was the machinist I was using lost his shop in a fire and was under insured unfortunately. And also lost programs and more parts I had him making for the moat. It’s quite the complex piece of work that ryland made.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,054 Posts
I’ll see if I can dig up some photos Up Rory. The reason I didn’t make anymore was the machinist I was using lost his shop in a fire and was under insured unfortunately. And also lost programs and more parts I had him making for the moat. It’s quite the complex piece of work that ryland made.
Dang, I didn't know you had gotten any made. I got the drawings from Rory, and talked with Ryland, but the cost of them was more than I could justify. The drawings will scare most people away. Ryland is a master engineer, machinist and everything else. For us mere mortals, that thing is daunting!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes please do! I’m going to make one for sure, but I think I’m going to change a couple things for simplicity and ease of manufacturing. The drawings Rory sent me were done very well and you can make out the missing parts easily (the drawing set is not quite complete). I am creating a 3D model of my version and will start engineering drawings soon after the model is complete. Right now I have a ton of irons in the fire, just like everyone else. I’m in the middle of building a 1972 Nova with my son for his first car, so all my hobbies have been put on hold.

·
11,226 Posts
Please send me the extra drawings when complete. Might as well continue with the complete set

1 - 20 of 25 Posts