1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 19 year old daughter came home from college last weekend for fall break,the week before she left her room mate was sick and went in for a test but came back negative so my daughter didn't worry about coming home,but when she got back to school she started feeling crappy,which isn't unusual for this time of year around our place,we are surrounded by "rabbit brush" not sure what it's real name is,it's a big bush with large clumps of yellow flowers,I pulled it all from our collective acreage but there is still a couple hundred acres of it around us,it gets all of our noses running!
So my daughter goes into a clinic thinking she just needed an allergy shot and the doctor made her do a COVID test which came back positive! Her school has set up a quarentine facility in an unused dorm,they bring her three meals a day and her home work.
So now my wife and daughter and the two extra girls we have are all stuck at home! So far no one has any symptoms,my wife got a test this morning and won't hear back until monday at the soonest,and our hospital won't give the test unless you have some symptoms,so the girls are just stuck at home!
Has anyone else here gotten this bug? If so how bad was it?
As far as I know our town has only lost one person,he was in his 70's and had just been through chemo,so a cold could have gotten him.
Keep safe and try to stay sane!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I had it a about a month ago, it felt like the flu but didnt last as long. Head ache/ body aches for a day or 2 and a low grade fever for 2-3 days

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Neighbor had it (75+) and pulled thru with just Oxygen...no ventilator. Youngest daughter,nurse in covid unit,watched several folks die. All had health problems...diabetic,heart disease,COPD,etc. and youngest to die was 57.
With all the folks that have been thru my shop since Dec 2019...been open every day as a 'critical and essential' business...believe I have the anti-bodies already,but have not been tested.

·
11,678 Posts
An old friend was down for close to two months and he’s in his 40s.

coworker lost 3 members of her family.

coworkers in the UK have had a lot of issues, one guy I deal with regularly needed hospitalization but eventually came though one the positive side. Cases there were way worse than most areas here but they were experiencing spikes before lock downs happened

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Thoughts and Prayers to you and yours.

Glad to see the posts of those who got thru it. We lose 80 to 90 a day here in Fla.

Stay Safe

Later 42rocker

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I know a couple people who have had it. It ranged from no symptoms to two weeks of misery, but no hospitalizations.

I am not a medical professional, but am at significant risk of exposure and have thus really tried to keep up with current risk mitigation and treatment information. Go to GNC and get some Quercetin, Zinc and vitamin D3. Treatment dose is 500mg Quercetin and 50mg Zinc daily for 5 to 7 days. For preventative use reduce to 25mg Zinc daily. You can buy enough to treat everyone for about $30.00.

The theory is Hydroxychloroquine does not "cure" the Rona, but it does open a pathway to enable zinc to kill it if taken early in treatment. HCL is only available by prescription, but Quercetin is available over the counter and has a similar effect with the zinc. My neighbor and her friend had flu like symptoms, but after taking the combo I saw them out on their boat on the third day of treatment. Researchers have noticed a correlation between disease severity and low vitamin D levels, so supplementation is a no brainer.

None of the people I know who got it were treated. They were just sent home and told to take vitamins, and come back if they're having trouble breathing. It's criminal. MSG

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
A colleague got it in March. 31 days in hospital, 17 on vent. They figured he was gone on day five but lived.

Retired Army Ranger, body builder got it, put him in bed two weeks.

Tough big biker dude and wife got it, they never get sick, both hands-on workaholics, both spent five days in bed plus over a week laying around.

So those I know who have had it got their butts kicked.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Ok, so far so good. Of the folks that I know locally that have had it, folks called it mild flu and bad cold. About 15 so far. That said, another fellow that works with about 600 families has lost 6 people from it. Today in Fla. we lost around 80 to 90 people. The FDA just approved a treatment drug to help out treatment. My wife and I have been Lucky in the fact we can stay at home. Closed the stores March 13th. Visit our stores often behind locked doors.
Like the above post in this thread said lots of vitamins, before and during and after. Both our children are teachers. Both wear Masks and try hard to avoid getting it.
Good Luck and like I said Thoughts and Prayers.

Stay Safe

Later 42rocker

·
Registered
759 Posts
Does everyone know what their blood types are? I've read multiple reports that people with type O blood are less likely to get covid.

Some even say that there's a good probability that they won't get it at all. I'm O+ but won't be taking my chances. I wear a mask, wash my hands...

What I want to know is, how many of these people would have died if they didn't have other health issues? How many people that have died, didn't really die from covid but the hospital labeled them that way to get extra funding?!

At some point in time, someone in the .gov is going to say that there's a need to investigate how many people actually died from covid. When that day comes, there's gonna be a lot of wet towels laying around.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
There was a question early on as to whether ARBs and ACE Inhibiters (BP meds) were protective, or increased the risk of the Rona. Someone finally got through a comprehensive study and determined they reduce the chance of contracting the disease, or having a severe case, by about 65%. That makes sense, they both block the ACE 2 receptor by which the virus gains entry into cells. This should prove reassuring to many board members, as most of us are men of (or above) a certain age, and possibly on these meds. MSG

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well my wife's results came back this morning and they say she is positive,but I don't have a lot of faith in their results,so if she does have it I assume I do too,I'm not going to bother getting tested since I have to get tested next week before I go in for my hip replacement on the 9th,assuming they are still going to do it.
So far none of the three girls in the house are showing any signs,but they are all 17-18 years old and very active,they are going stir crazy though.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Co worker had it, said he sas sick for 17 days with every day being a new adventure with something different. Ay one point chills and shakes so bad he said it felt like being electocuted. No one else in his family got sick they were aware of. Other people he knew who got sick (sister, etc) that he talked with and compared notes said each persons experienve was different to point you would think was different diseases. He has been donating plasma for the antibodies since.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was supposed to have a hip replacement done on the 9th of November,but now it looks like that might be pushed back.
They did make me go in for the covid test,my wife had to do the brain probe style I only had to spit in a test tube,my wife was pissed!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts