1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of getting a Kimber factory .22 1911 pistol. This is the complete gun not just a top end. I was looking for extra mags for it and found a good deal on factory mags from Midway. Someone stated the the Jonathan Arthur Ciener mags my work, and they hold 15rds vs 10rds. Does anyone know if the mags for the conversions are the same size as the ones for the factory build? I have been on both websites and neither say. I was on the Jonathan Arthur Ciener web site and called the number they list and just get a recorded message that wont let you leave a voice mail. They dont list an email either. Anyone know how to get in touch with them? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a chance to look at the gun again yesterday. I belive you are right and that those mags will fit. Now it seems like the chalange is getting a hold of them to order the mags.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update.

Well I just got home with my new Kimber. The mag is a decent size and I was confused how it could only hold 10 rounds. I decided to take it apart and see what makes it tick. To remove the floor plate it is both held in place with a detent from the mag spring and snug fit to the mag. There are 3 pieces inside, follower, sping, and detent. The mag is shaped inside so that the follower is free to come out the bottom of the mag. I decided to remove the detent protion to see what would happen. The floor plate fits extremly snug so I have no worries of it falling off. I loaded it up and it now holds 15 rounds. I have shot 2 mag with out a single problem. I will let you know if that changes. I am going to order some more factory Kimber mags and do the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts