1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these on Gunbroker a number of years ago and the previous owner didn't know who the manufacturer was. Anyone have an idea on the manufacturer and their value?

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
They sure are Purdy:)

I've did a bit of searching....

They are Not

OOW
Project guns
Allied Armament
Brian Bramble's
TNW
and a few others

Only reference and matching picture;

http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?38407-1919-spade-grips

Seem to be a set that were part of some group buy on THIS site. Many Moons ago.

Was before my time and the archived section that had all that info is long gone I fear.

Perhaps someone will remember:help:

I do have a very similar set..but they slip on over a standard backplate & the Wood is nowhere as nice as
your set. More along the lines of a chunk of broom stick....No taper. They came with a kit I bought years ago.

The trigger mechanism is nearly identical though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
We ended up with a pile of those from ???? years ago. We replaced the "broomstick" with regular 50 cal wood grips and tubes. We had to add the brass washers to make up the distance. I will try to remeber who we bought these from.
Dave
Sarco Inc

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
We ended up with a pile of those from ???? years ago. We replaced the "broomstick" with regular 50 cal wood grips and tubes.

if they had a broomstick original, then they were made by HESSE, I bought one a couple of decades ago, when the 1919 craze was in full swing. although ugly as all out, it does work.

they prettied it up to look good

·
Registered
29 Posts
I need one for my son's gun. Anyone have a set they want to get rid of at a reasonable price. I built a 1919a4 for my son but he is not strong enough to pull the trigger. Needs to be able to push the butterflies.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts