1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done business with Sam in the past... it's been a few years though. He was always top notch and someone I could trust. I have a 1927 SBR conversion that I would like him to do but I cannot get a hold of him.

·
11,839 Posts
yikes.

the comments posted at the bottom of one of the articles found do not paint Sam in a good light.

r

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
There are many with the name Sam Alvarez out there, be sure your reading about the correct one we're speaking of.
Sam was always good to me and a very talented builder who had the correct "secret" green park recipe.
I heard the story myself from the horses mouth and believe he was railroaded by a couple guys who had some pull in his home town.
It has been a fiasco for him not to mention very costly to fight this. He is a fighter and wasn't going down easily.
I wish him the best but until it is over he likely won't be involved in the firearm hobby anymore, if even then.
The new report I found can be seen here: http://patch.com/connecticut/southi...harged-with-pulling-gun-in-road-rage-incident
Best of luck to him.
CaptMax

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Sam should have exercised his right to remain silent and said I don't know WTF are you talking about. The proof they used against him was his own admission that it happened. Everyone has a bad hair day, no need to put your own unwashed foot into your own mouth. A he said she said this guy did this after hearing from Joe Smoe down the road does not get a conviction on Joe Smoe unless Smoe opens his pie hole.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
He should have gotten a good Philadelphia lawyer or better yet, called Saul Goodman.

But seriously, this is a good example for everyone. Always keep you mouth shut, never admit to anything, and immediately get a lawyer.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
CaptMax -- The article seems to be from January 3, 2013. Surely there'd be some followup since then.

OldSoldier -- I can't pull up anything with that "case number" at all.

I really can't find in articles other than on-line comment/speculation. I'd like to be seen where legitimate articles do not paint Sam in a good light.

Does he have an FFL # that can be checked out?

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
From Court record: H15N-CR-12-54389-T

Offense date: 12/31/12
Verdict date: 2/26/14; guilty of threatening, 2nd degree; misdemeanour
Sentence: 1 year jail suspended; 18 months probation
Probation terminated: 1/21/15

I met Sam some years before he got involved in building firearms and he visited my shop where he was quite interested in riveting and how BMGs functioned and were constructed. I saw him at some local shoots where he handled and fired some of my MGs. Over a few years later he had set up in a local machined shop in CT, acquired an FFL and started making semi BMG plates and putting them together. I visited him at his shop a couple of times.
As some of you might recall Sam would write very volatile rants on this site about all the various 2nd Amendment issues that we are confronted with by the politicians, media, etc, etc. I didn't disagree with what he posted, but he had a fairly hot temprament, and wouldn't pull his punches until he had his say, right or wrong.
Sam did excellent, careful work and made a contribution to the larger MG community while he had his shop. As far as I have heard he gave up his FFL and is out of business. He offers parts and kits for sale now and then. Perhaps I'll run into him sometime in the future, who knows.......

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Thanks for that update, guess I just didn't hyp-he-nate it correctly.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Well if it is Sam and he had shot and buried them he would have been released long ago.
With the ways the laws are these days you can get away with murder.
CaptMax
Ps. Sick joke someone’s playing I suspect

Reactions: theduke
1 - 20 of 21 Posts