1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at these for a while,but I can't hardly find any info on them,I like the fact that they use uzi mags,which I already have a bunch of, and 9mm is almost as cheap as .22lr now days, but I worry about how well built they are, they are made in the US which I like,but so was the Pinto and Vega,I would prefer the A2 version but don't think it's worth the extra $200, plus a 4 inch barrel is going to be almost worthless beyond phone booth distances,I figured I would thread the barrel and find some sexy flash hider,CDNN has the 6 inch version without flash hider for $499,at least their website says they do,I'm going to call tuesday and see if they actually do, so if you have any first hand info about these units please let me know before I jump in!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
H&k ?

I don't think that was an accident! It uses a blowback design instead of the H&K roller system, the bolt is huge! Looks like a lot of fun and I've wanted a 9mm assault pistol but I really hate the thought of buying another batch of magazines!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nitescout

It came in today! Seems to be a very solid piece, there are only a couple things I'm not very happy with, the mag release is the biggest problem, it's real tiny and hard to get too, if they had dished out the bracket that holds it I think it would be OK, I'm going to do it myself, you have to use the end of your finger to push the button because of the surrounding bracket, it engages and disengages easily enough once you get to the button, the other problem is that it won't feed the first round from a full mag,I don't think it has enough spring tension or it might be that the feed ramp is too low, if you only have 30 rounds in the mag it feeds just fine, the front post sight is hard to see against the rear drum, I think some white paint will take care of that, it weighs 5 and half ponds empty so recoil isn't an issue,it was easy to hit a 6 inch plate at 25 yards,rapid fire, I don't care for that skinny barrel hanging out there, it's not as silly as the UZI carbine but I may thread the barrel and put a flash hider on it, if I cam figure out how to get the hand guard off!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
barrel?

How are the barrels held into the trunnion? I haven't tried very hard to get the hand guard off, I removed the front sling point bolt and the guard moves a little but not very much,I'd really hate to mess something up before I get to play with it much!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Upgrading

That little skinny barrel hanging out there bugged me so bad that I decided to do something about it, I was looking through ebay for some ideas and saw the AK muzzle brake,I had one in the safe so I pulled it out and checked it against the gun, if you open up the treaded end a little it will slide over the barrel 2 inches, I went to my friends place and dug through their drill bit collection and found a .512 drill bit, the barrel is .525 so I only needed to use a little boring bar to open it the rest of the way, at the same time I opened up the muzzle end so A 9mm would fit through, then I drilled and tapped a set screw hole in the muzzle brake,I tapped the brake onto the barrel and tightened the set screw with a drop of thread lock,I have shot it yet but it looks so much better, and it's only an inch longer!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
barrel?

I really didn't want to do anything that would void my warranty, this works for me,I don't see as much of that skinny barrel, but yet I didn't lose any of the barrel length, which comes in handy if you are trying to hit anything more then a card table away!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts