1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gents,

Has anybody purchased a STEN MKII or MKIII from a vendor who takes an original parts set and configure the receiver for blank firing Auto only ?

For most of you outside if CA it's not a big deal; here we cannot have anything close to a live CLASS III , unless it's a dummy or a display gun.
Just wondering if anybody had actually seen these or fired one. Their demo video looked very cool and very real. I fired various real STENs ( and other junk) in Iraq and these blank firers were pretty darned close.

Lou

http://www.indianapolisordnance.com/replicas.html

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
A friend has one. They bring a lot of attention and not always the kind he wants.
Thats a pretty ambiguous statement. Do you mean "damn, thats a fat chick" kind of attention or 'damn shes hot' kind of attention?

·
Registered
310 Posts
It means there is a swat team firing range within hearing distance of our range and often have other LE shooting near our range. I don't need or want that kind of attention when I am at the range. I doubt LE would know belt feds are legal in our state.

I haven't heard the sten fire. He claims it is very realistic. Today I asked him not to bring it to the club I am in when he is my visitor. That said, it would be fun to have and a place to shoot it.

Interordnance has videos on one firing on their website.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I have played with the MP40 that works backwards. The bolt cocks forward and swallows the round heading rearward. Kinda odd but works. From zero feet away it looks and sounds like a really fast mp40. Also uses proprietary ammo, not regular 9mm fiocci blanks. 8mm with a shoulder, kinda looks like .30 mauser. My only issue with these type of guns is they will break eventually( or immediately ) and be difficult if not impossible to repair. Most innovative companies such as this and many others have a tendency to close shop after a while and poof, you're screwed. Now you have a full auto thing with a piece of paper that says its legal, honest *****. J

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I have played with the MP40 that works backwards. The bolt cocks forward and swallows the round heading rearward. Kinda odd but works. From zero feet away it looks and sounds like a really fast mp40. Also uses proprietary ammo, not regular 9mm fiocci blanks. 8mm with a shoulder, kinda looks like .30 mauser. My only issue with these type of guns is they will break eventually( or immediately ) and be difficult if not impossible to repair. Most innovative companies such as this and many others have a tendency to close shop after a while and poof, you're screwed. Now you have a full auto thing with a piece of paper that says its legal, honest *****. J
Many of the older MP40 blank guns utilized that design because the receivers were 99% identical to a real gun. I saw one just a few weeks ago and watched a live bolt and recoil system fit into the receiver tube. Just another reason why some of these companies seem to go out of business in short order.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats a pretty ambiguous statement. Do you mean "damn, thats a fat chick" kind of attention or 'damn shes hot' kind of attention?
Hahahahaha................. Wouldn't know about that. Never liked fat chicks.
Or a third, like " damn, she's hot, but a total nutjob ".....?

I think it's meaning " too close to a real-firing live STEN". In CA, that's VERY iffy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It means there is a swat team firing range within hearing distance of our range and often have other LE shooting near our range. I don't need or want that kind of attention when I am at the range. I doubt LE would know belt feds are legal in our state.

I haven't heard the sten fire. He claims it is very realistic. Today I asked him not to bring it to the club I am in when he is my visitor. That said, it would be fun to have and a place to shoot it.

Interordnance has videos on one firing on their website.

........... I think that means, that unless I am on a military range, that puppy needs to stay tucked away very out of sight. Dang, not worth the risk. I don't know if I'd want it in my house..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts