1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They just featured an article on a FA shooting event in OK including portions of a video taken by a member of this forum (I forget his name). Most likely the video and info was found on this forum.

Who else watched and what do you think about it?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I saw it and thought it was a fair article. I just hope we don't catch a lot of flack over it from liberals who saw it and thought that MG's were illegal to have. They might get idea's about the yahoo's in the North Hollywood bank robbery and think that those were legal MG's and start writing their congressmen to get all those "bad MG's off the streets. I always try to keep a low profile and not rock the boat. Keep MG's to ourselves and those who like such things. Not that we are doing antyhing illegal. I just don't want to see the law that has been in effect since 1936 changed and the tranfer tax get jacked up to $2000 every time you buy one. Just my.02

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chopper28 said:
... I always try to keep a low profile and not rock the boat. Keep MG's to ourselves and those who like such things. Not that we are doing antyhing illegal. ...
I agree, I would not like national exposure either. The only kind of publicity I would like is on the local news. Even though this is what the story started out as. You could tell though that the anchor did not do to good of a job researching the article (nor did he know much about guns in general), and that gave the segment a hint of an anti-gun message.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Well that wasn't so bad:rolleyes: I mean I understand what you guy's mean in the above but I'm glad this wasn't one of those "gloom and doom/we have to do something about this" types of reports. You know, the "normal" MSNBC ones.

Looks like they swiped some of Scott's video's of he and his daughter too.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
PKw VI Tiger1 said:
The video doesn't show the commentary at the end though, however, I didn't see the complete article on the tv so the whole thing looks bettter now. It's too bad that people that don't like guns probably will take it the wrong way anyway.
Ah damn........I spoke too soon......

What was said at the end????:(

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Must... Type... Faster.
Caught between editings.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That was me in the Infidel t-shirt. :D

Got the divorce over with (No guns were harmed) got a new place. Moving and painting sucks. In that order. Paint, eat, sleep, work, eat, paint, sleep. Repeat LOL Jump and paint this wall or that wall for this or that whatever needs to go in first. Furniture coming this weekend. My help decided she didn't want to paint right off the bat so she fell off the ladder and broke her arm. She's healing.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
We Need More National Coverage Of F/a's

I'd be in favor of MORE national exposure, as long as it's not negative -- more people need to learn that this country's independance was GUARANTEED by the constitution, of which the Second Amendment was a PART of, and not an addition to, and cannot be changed without a CONSTITUTIONAL change (not an amendment) and cannot be changed or altered at will or because of "political correctness," being "old fashioned," or "out of date." It applied to the then current, most up-to-date military firearms of the time. The second GUARANTEES the constitution, and few understand that. Only ONE person in a THOUSAND (1 in 1,000) know the five guarantees of the First Amendment. (650 times more than that 1 out of a thousand, [65% more] can name the members of the Simpson's comedy family.)

R. Lee Ermy spending last October's weekend shoot at Knob Creek is what we need MORE of -- the Today show, today, showed a female TV personality "learning" to fly a (?) Cessna 172, (many think that's dangerous too, but the most dangerous US flying is medical, who'd a' thunk?) and sometime recently a women's group did the CCW course, including the range -- the reporter (previously anti-gun, and "afraid of them") loved the course punching holes in paper humanoid targets, and range time, bought a handgun!!!

The public needs to know an automatic in no more "dangerous" than a hammer -- I can hit you in the head 72 times with a ball pein hammer, about as quick I can reload my 32 round Sten MK II once and hit you (maybe) 72 times with a 9mm. I think I'd take the chance of being hit by a 9mm first!

CARRY on!
Gary

·
Registered
79 Posts
That was in around our tent and it was indeed a great shoot- We shall return.

A positive reprentation is great but I too worry a bit about waking the sleeping dogs- and I sure don't put any stock in what the NRA will do to help if the SHTF since they didn't help too much in 1986 and that is being charitable which is something I don't feel for the NRA since then.

It was great to meet my long lost twin brother M16er in the other Infidel T-shirt.Hahahahahahaha

I found the extractor-thank you, Did you figure what was up with the 1919 yet?

Mark

·
Registered
71 Posts
OldFAL Guy, The 1919 has yet to be looked at. Still was giving us probs on the line, so I took your loaned part out and we put it away. I left it on the box next to you, and I appreciate you loaning us that. Last time it was used was at last years OK Shoot, and it was set up in 30-06. Didn't run that much ammo, but it wasn't running 100% then. We'll get it over to Targshoots for him to look at.

I wish the cameraman had gotten us both side by side so we could be the Infidel Twins. LOL He told me he liked the shirt. I walked the line early Sat morning and got lots of compliments and "Where did I get it" questions.

Looking forward to next year. I found all my tracer ammo in the move.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep I found it.
We will have to make it a point to get filmed together( don't read anything filthy in this fellas). I need to remember to make up a couple of belts of solid tracer for the 17, hadn't thought about doing so as I rarely hang for night shoots- the bourbon starts calling me at around 6pm...hahahahah
We will see ya'll next shoot at the latest, tell the FWPD man hello for me- Glad he "finally" met an attorney that didn't make his hair stand on end!! hahahaahahahah

Mark

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
I beleive next year i will have BA with me who is well known for 1,100 rnd ammo cans full of nothin but 30-06 tracer ammo for his 17 and his ANM2, he dont know how to skimp on ammo. He set 50 cares on fire at my shoot couple mos ago with it, wont matter much at OFASTS. Cant wait to get back next year. M16er, i saw them shirts at KCR, the wife was gonna get one, i like em.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts