1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time I was near my gun stores I stopped in all four stores looking for Blue Dot, every store said the same thing, there is none to be had, they have all had it on back order for over a year, they do have rifle powder, stuff I haven't heard about or used before, but no pistol powders at all, my wife and I went to Vegas for a mid week escape, I found out they don't have phone books anymore,I stopped at the front desk and asked to see some yellow pages and they asked what I was looking for, I told him I need to find some gun stores, he turned to a cute little gal next to him and said she would be the best person to talk to about guns since she packed one every place she went, so I told her I was looking for blue dot powder, she whipped out her cell phone, she said there were very few places left in Vegas with reloading gear but she knew one place, she called them and asked if there was any blue dot in Vegas and was told the same thing, no one has seen any in over a year! I was so glad to get out of that sewer,especially after just finishing "one second after",I kept looking around and thinking what hell is in store for that place! Of course if you don't think about it and keep tour money in your pocket Vegas is about the best place to people watch,except for the 300 pound chick wearing nothing but a bikini bottom and pasties!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Same here, nobody has seen any of the DOt's in over a year. What you will have to do is work up a alternative list and buy what's ever available. Sometimes trying something new may work out even better. Hogdon now controls IMR and Winchester and there powders are just as scarce as Alliants.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A few weeks ago I was at the SAR East show in Harrisburg, PA and all of the Dots were there. Quite a few 8 lb Red Dots along with a large quantity of 1 lb. Green Dot was relatively common, but all 1 lb. Only saw a couple Blue Dot, but they were there. Most of the vendors were from out of town, except for one that seemed to have a decent supply. All I remember is that his name was Tony and his prices were on the higher side. Nice guy to talk to though.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts