1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Growing up in Washington I never thought I would own one. Lucky for you MG_34 Dan because I was watching that auction for your 1917A1 on GunBroker and was considering buying it and have my friend register it in his name in Montana.

So it's not a beltfed but I'm slowly working on getting a registered side plate to build a 1917. Hit a snag with the transfer and still waiting on dealer to update us.

Came out of Minnesota. It's a C&R delivered to my door. So far all the history I Know is it came out of the LEA gun club. It is in outstanding shape.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just came in the mail a week ago. I was told because of fire danger I cant go out and just shoot in the AZ desert. Mostly I'm waiting for my girlfriend to have time off on the weekend so we can shoot it for the first time together.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
??? Down here in Yuma the Arizona sand , rock , and desert pavement fire has been the least of our problems . In 50 years nobody has bothered us about it . Your desert area must be a whole lot greener than mine .
Chris

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,035 Posts
Nice toy, Craig. A friend used to have a semi AR180, and I really liked that rifle. Yours should be just a little bit more fun. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
The Rockford Files and AR18s​

There is an old episode of The Rockford Files from back in 1976 entitled "Piece Work". The premise of the story is that Jim Rockford stumbles upon a gun smuggling scheme. Anyway, there's a scene in that episode where potential purchasers of these smuggled guns try some weapons out in a barn. They shoot a couple AR18s in full auto mode, are pleased with their testing, and complete the deal. Even though that scene is no more than ten seconds in length, it is etched in my memory because of the AR18s. But, I have never seen that episode referenced with the AR18s anywhere. Even IMFDB has no reference, but the AR10s are indeed there. Maybe some enterprising member here can view that episode and verify my remembrance.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will check it out.

Have to look for this video. Have a short clip of King Hussain?? Of Jordan shooting an AR18

·
Premium Member
5,357 Posts
It just came in the mail a week ago. I was told because of fire danger I cant go out and just shoot in the AZ desert. Mostly I'm waiting for my girlfriend to have time off on the weekend so we can shoot it for the first time together.

If you hand it to her you might not get it back again if she is anything like my wife or daughters so good luck with that but if you do ACTUALLY get to shoot it let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
In the original Terminator film (1984) Arnold is using one when he assults the police office. So you get a few scenes of him shooting it one handed on FA.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Very cool gun. I wish Brownells would do a FA bolt carrier on their version so I could drop the AR180 style upper on my M16.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts