1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Those prices are pretty high and alot higher than what most vendors charge. If you want a nice M2 tripod, go to Cole's. Here's a link to his web page. Cole's will treat you right. Everything I've ever ordered from Cole's was better than described.

http://www.coledistributing.com/MM054.ASP?cat=Accessories&i=&pageno=31&start=21

Here's a 1942 dated M2 that I got from Cole's. He even refinished it for me for about $75 extra.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

I know a guy who has a T&E assy and I was wondering what to offer for it.

I think he would take $125 or so. He said that he may have a few more too. He's going to dig around is his junk.....errr......."treasure":) and see what he can come up with.

Balming

·
Registered
299 Posts
Supid tripod question

When you use the setup pictured above and when you swing the gun from right to left does this change your elevation? Thanks

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
57, the T&E in the images is mounted backwards. Nice set up though!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
It is mounted right according to the manuel.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Colorado: Who the hell is Manuel? He got a green card? ;)
What TM you talking about? Like to see it. The T&E should mount with the traverse release handle on the shooter side.

·
Registered
864 Posts
iRIGHTi said:
57, the T&E in the images is mounted backwards. Nice set up though!

Good eye! It is mounted backwards. I took those pics the day the tripod arrived and before I received my 1919. At the time I was a dumbass and did not know how to mount the T&E correctly. Now thanks to you guys, I am getting closer to 1919 enlightenment. :)

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Bingo 57. Doesn't matter if you're a lefty or a righty. One hand on the grip/trigger, one on the traverse latch to lock in FF or allow L/R traversing. Release the pintle and lift up when going mobile, T&E weight naturally wants to pivot down, it reverses (like the pic), and you click into the clip on the hand grip for transpo. Very smooth when you've done it a few times and it's what the grip clips are there for. My

1 - 11 of 11 Posts