1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been thinking of selling my early model Shrike 5.56 belt fed and wondering what it’s worth these days. It’s lightly used and only in semi auto. Very clean. Sights, mag adaptor and has full auto carrier. Wouldn’t include the lower.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
The new 6th gen models seam to work fine and have a warranty and run about $4500 with lots of extras . Yours would be under that . Include videos of it running flawlessly to get top dollar . If you go onto Fight Lights website you can see how fast upgrade parts can add up .
Chris

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Mine was able to run with only 1-failure to feed in first 100-rds. Once I lubed and double checked the belted rounds for proper depth,next 400-rds ran OK with no stopages or failures to feed. This was a 4th generation upper that had been upgraded to the latest 5th generation and had been run in FA by a class #3 SOT with a 12 bbl. Got both bbls,1K new links,a sight up grade and the mag block. This was on a Rock River lower and ran great with a 30-rd mag and the Fight-Lite upper.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Mine was able to run with only 1-failure to feed in first 100-rds. Once I lubed and double checked the belted rounds for proper depth,next 400-rds ran OK with no stopages or failures to feed. This was a 4th generation upper that had been upgraded to the latest 5th generation and had been run in FA by a class #3 SOT with a 12 bbl. Got both bbls,1K new links,a sight up grade and the mag block. This was on a Rock River lower and ran great with a 30-rd mag and the Fight-Lite upper.
So we are talking 500 rounds... what happened after that?

Also, proper depth? The links set the depth if installed correctly? Where you links stretched? Did you reload any of your links? How did it go?

This is about my last time shooting... 100rds, still getting 2 stoppages. It was just getting annoying.
[yt]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine hasn’t been altered at all. I broke it in per instructions. I use new alk m27g links dry with both PMC 55gr .223 and lake city 62gr. 5.56 green tip total of 3-400 round from a nutsack and it runs great. I’ll have to get a video made.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Mine hasn’t been altered at all. I broke it in per instructions. I use new alk m27g links dry with both PMC 55gr .223 and lake city 62gr. 5.56 green tip total of 3-400 round from a nutsack and it runs great. I’ll have to get a video made.
Semi or FA... what happened after 3-400 rounds?

Not trying to be rude but 500 rounds is just warming it up on a FA lower. I am wondering how they are running for you guys after 1000s of rounds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only have semi but ran 100 with a slide fire (when it was legal). But that’s not as fast as fa because of the weight. I couldn’t tell you about fa or 1000’s.

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Not sure how many rds had gone through the Fightlite upper in FA with the 12" bbl. The 16" bbl was like new and don't believe it had been fired. So it was basically a 'new' bbl. Fired 1-nut sack and 2-200rd drums. Sighted in at 300-yds and hit all targets shot at. Since I only used the upper in SA,cannot say anything about FA usage. Due to ammo and primer shortages,I'm not doing much shooting lately of anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts