1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Very nice, and rare, Vickers. But to me, it seems to be running pretty fast. The first time I ran my Vickers in 8mm, Dolf made me remove the barrel muzzle cup to slow it down.

I believe this ewe-toob video demonstrates the nice-and-slow Vickers speed.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice, and rare, Vickers. But to me, it seems to be running pretty fast. The first time I ran my Vickers in 8mm, Dolf made me remove the barrel muzzle cup to slow it down.
It might be running a little faster, especially with the shorter barrel (lighter weight). I did remove the muzzle cup from the end of the barrel and am using a bored out cap (much larger hole).

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
Several years ago I had a nice online discussion with a gentleman about a short jacket Argentine Vickers he inherited from his father. If I recall, he had the gun Dolf pictured in the GOL. Are you this individual or is this that gun?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Several years ago I had a nice online discussion with a gentleman about a short jacket Argentine Vickers he inherited from his father. If I recall, he had the gun Dolf pictured in the GOL. Are you this individual or is this that gun?
This gun is the one pictured in the GOL book (Assembly #9), but I did not inherit it. At the time the book was published it was owned by Pat Tomlinson, who sold it to a well known Arizona collector. I was able to purchase it from his estate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts