1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an M12 hand linker to link some spent 50bmg brass into M9 links for storage, but the linker came un-assembled but all the parts appear to be there. There are no instructions included for how to assemble it for either linking or de-linking.

A quick search here produced no results, nor does a google search.

So, would some kind soul please explain how to assemble it for linking and, separately, delinking?

TIA

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wrong linker. Pretty sure he's looking for the one that links one at a time, for 50bmg. I don't have one, and didn't realize they were so complicated...
Yes, the one-at-a-time one. Frankly I haven't tinkered with it yet, just opened the box. I'm a little surprised that there doesn't seem to be instructions online, at least that I've found, but my mojo may not be up to snuff yet. Here's what I got:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/31610.htm

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Holy cow! That is the most comprehensive manual on any single weapons system that I have ever seen! I includes parts lists and exploded views, maintenence, tools, accessories, mounts, linkers, troubleshooting, assembly, and on, and on, and on...! I don't have a 50 BMG and I'm going to keep a copy of that manual for reference.

OP there are drawings of both sides of the hand linker and a description of its function starting on p.18 of the PDF.

(not trying to hijack) Steamer: is there a single manual for the 1919 that is anywhere near as comprehensive?

·
Registered
695 Posts
If you want to know about 1919's I can't think of a better purchase than Dolf Goldsmith's Books. You might as well get all of them because you need them even if you don't know it now. :rofl:

I have 1 thru 5 and I have gone to them to look up stuff more than I did the old encyclopedias I used in school. ( books in a set, full of knowledge, way before the internet, for you youngins')

I have a lot of the manuals and they are very easy to get on the internet but they don't beat Dolf's books. :thumbup:

Anyone else agree?

Steamer

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I don't disagree, but I'd still like to know if there is a US MIL manual as detailed as the Browning 50 manual posted a few posts earlier, for the 1919?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back to the original topic, after some examination and trial-and-error the hand linker works OK out of the box for both linking and delinking.

The springs, washers and whatnot included in the packaging appear to make switching between linking and delinking easier, however, so that you don't have to pay much attention to some linker parts moving around. I'll try some different configurations of the springs and whatnot and report the results.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Wrong linker. Pretty sure he's looking for the one that links one at a time, for 50bmg. I don't have one, and didn't realize they were so complicated...
Didn't catch that. Thanks for the correction!!:eek:

·
Registered
481 Posts
I don't disagree, but I'd still like to know if there is a US MIL manual as detailed as the Browning 50 manual posted a few posts earlier, for the 1919?
Do you have a copy of ORD 9 SNL A-6? If not, get one. Board member kkkriverats, offered it here as a free download a bit ago. I'm sure a search for it will find it.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Did you look at the tutorial tab and the manual tabs under articles tab at the top of the page? There is some good info there.

https://archive.org/details/Fm23-45

http://browningmgs.com/Manuals/FreeManuals.htm

browningmgs.com/Manuals/Free/TM_9-206_1919A6_B&W.pdf

www.ferret-afv.org/manuals/browning_depot_manual.pdf

Steamer
Do you have a copy of ORD 9 SNL A-6? If not, get one. Board member kkkriverats, offered it here as a free download a bit ago. I'm sure a search for it will find it.
Got 'em all. THanks steamer. I also would have NEVER clicked on that Articles tab. No forum I have ever seen that uses this forum software uses that tab.

ABCB, I just did. Thanks!

Sorry OP for hijacking. Back to our regularly scheduled thread. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry OP for hijacking. Back to our regularly scheduled thread. :)
I have no issues with thread jacks, that's how I learn things I never knew I didn't know. ;-)

Anyway, the extra doohickies that came with the M12 linker turn out to be spare parts for use in case something breaks. Except for the springs, I still dunno what they're for.

So, bottom line, the M12 hand linker works just fine out of the box. You just have to keep the tab rotated properly for either linking or delinking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts