1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a return at Guitte today to exchange a linking plate; and i think her name is Sheril told me that BATF had been there all day. So I asked her if they go into her computer and get the files and she said yep; they take what they want.
So I just want to tell all my fellow hobbie'sts that "YES THEY ARE WATCHING"
They probably have a file on every one of us and know everything U buy.
So; Im just saying keep it legal u guys;;I have nothing to hide and I hope U dont either.
Ill bet U a Gypsy travelers check their are a few members on here and weaponeer that are ATF.
I just wanted to throw that out there. Now they dont even have to knock on your door. Peace Chewy

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
....atf?

Chewy....If they really are after me,... am I parinoid? .....NOT!! They are really after dealers. Thats why 75% of dealers are out of business and why gun shows are seeing a rapid decline of tables/items. Being a class #7 (Mfg.) I really don't worry about the ATF. Been in business 29 yrs.....only one (1) compliance check in the last 23 yrs.(Sep '05) ..... they could find NOTHING and every firearm was accounted for. Only those who will not study their regs or the law are going to get their butts in a jam.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me."

I just had two do a site visit. Their eyes got real big when they saw my 1919, then showed genuine interest while I explained the internal semi modifications. I offered and they accepted copies of the tech branch approval letters, and left happy. Of the five agents I have delt with lately, all have been very responsive and very helpful (yes, I'm sucking up). Read the regs (they give them away), do it right.

MSG

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
I agree, guys like us that are so public on this kind of site are barely on their radar screen.

They probably refer all their new agents to this website to read up on semi conversions so they don't have to spend the money on training materials :).

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
i make double sure

to dot all the i's and cross all the t's & as a result all of my contact with them has been very positive. my inspector even called my cleo to explain the form 4.

i'm sure there are a-holes in their ranks but it goes both ways. stay legal and you won't have anything to worry about

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
While there may be a few agents out there who are jerks, most of them are just doing their job. My limited contact with BATF has been positive, and one agent in particular was very helpful in helping me acquire a FA Sten. If you aren't trying to put one over on them, or don't come across as su****ious, I doubt you'll have much trouble with them.

Unfortunately, some people simply act guilty when confronted with someone in a position of authority. That in turn draws attention and reactions. Which then produces stories of "ATF treats me like a criminal". If you know what the regs are, comply with them, and deal confidently and openly with the ATF guys, then you probably will come away with a positive attitude toward their guys in the field.

Now their bureaucrats that keep making up their own laws to inflict upon us are another matter altogether.

(OK - I've tried about a half dozen times to edit this message, but the word 'su****ious' keeps coming out with a bunch of asterisks in it. What's up with that? Is there some sort of PC software that hides potentially offensive combinations of letters? Maybe I should spell the word 'sus-pish-ous'?)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bill S said:
(OK - I've tried about a half dozen times to edit this message, but the word 'su****ious' keeps coming out with a bunch of asterisks in it. What's up with that? Is there some sort of PC software that hides potentially offensive combinations of letters? Maybe I should spell the word 'sus-pish-ous'?)
It thinks you are trying to make a derogatory comment about people south of the border.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Come on guys...

Just spit it out..

su****ious...

Tim

Edit: What in the h*ll..

·
Registered
944 Posts
Cpt_Kirks said:
Hmm, su****ious...

EDIT: I'll be damned it did it to me too! ****
The last set of astericks was a test of the non-PC bad word.

That is what the edit program caught. Though it SHOULD be checking for spaces on either side, instead of just looking for those four letters. Dumb ass programming (and I am a programmer).

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
And the circle goes 'round and 'round. .

"I bet most of us bore them to death." BigMac

I can just see some poor probie who pissed off his TO and has been assigned to watch us try to figure out how to spell. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
now what kind of hookey word blocker is this? it let me write the word in spanish........somebody is falling down on the job here, get with it guys, if you are going to block innocent words like Sospechoso........you need to do it for all languages.......you'll never get in the CIA with a half ass job like that :D

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
#1 I don't care what Guitte gave them, since they NEVER answer the phone and they NEVER send the catalog they promise on their website they know NOTHING about me.

#2 I am totally leagal but if they knocked on my door I would be so shook up I would probably blurt out "I got a case of RPGs and I also am really the one who shot Kennedy" No kidding, those guys scare me worse than any foriegn combatant! Hotch

1 - 20 of 26 Posts