1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
1,072 Posts
Leave it to a British tabloid to be a day late and twenty dollars short.

It wasn't an assasination plot and at most the meth heads are getting busted on weapon charges.

This is little more than the MSM playing the race card while drawing sympathy for their newly annointed one.

I bet the Brit mud sharks are just as eager as the liberal idiots in this country to elect an affirmative action candidate, but hey, they're willing enough to embrace Sharia law too so no suprises there.

· Registered
1,334 Posts
I know you can't judge a book by it's cover but I really doubt any of these guys would have been capable of being successful at taking a 750yd. shot.

I had heard this story, on the radio, once a few days ago but nothing more. The guy being interviewed was sort of laughing at the whole thing saying they never could have gotten close enough with the 22 cal rifle they had. I have not had anyway to confirm this nor was I really paying any real attention to it to know if I heard it right.

· Registered
3,402 Posts
You mean the "scoped sniper rifle" they keep going on about in the news was a .22??? :rolleyes: aaaaaaaahyeah... right, then. Between that and Moe, Larry and Curly Joe the Methhead stooges, this IS starting to look kinda weak as any kind of serious assassination plot. If these three clowns had found the grassy knoll, they would have probably been too busy trying to figure out how to smoke it to try and pull off a shot. ;) This is begining to look more like the lapdog MSM trying to lay some ground work for someone's rationalization at banning "those evil scoped sniper rifles" once again... :mad:

· Registered
3,034 Posts
The Obama camp has really hyped this **** up, nothing there but a bunch of drug addicts who bragged too much, one of those took a 6 story jump out of a window, and the real injustice is... he LIVED! :eek:

Where I work the gun people were telling me it was the usual suspects, media blabbing about AK-47s and sniper rifles. I'm told it was a (stolen) scoped Ruger bolt rifle (.22-250) and Remington 760, neither capable of making that shot unless you are DAMN good in ideal conditions, and I doubt some twitchy meth addict could make it at 300, much less 750 yds.

I could joke about this, in a former life I've seen drug addicts TRY to shoot a 6" steel plate at 200 yds with a Rem 700 in 30-06, even with a high dollar SA scope, not even close. Same size plate at 500 yds and same rifle, a 65 yr old Vietnam vet made the shot repeatedly, he's a cop and had confiscated the rifle from the drug addicts, the rifle belonged to the PD after the drug lab was raided.

· Registered
318 Posts
i heard on msn yesterday that they had body armor, radios, a riffle and a scope. imediatly i thought it was probably a .22 then thought would those guys even be arrested had they not been in colorado at the time. i doubt this was a serious attempt probably just some meth heads shootin some pop cans but who knows

· Registered
1,334 Posts
The is a story at TheDenverChannel.com that says one of the rifles was a 22-250 sniper rifle. We all know how stories like this will be played against us over a period of time. I don't want to make light of the seriosness of this but these guys could have had a pellet gun with a $5 scope on it and it still would have been labeled a sniper rifle. I'm just glad they didn't have a 50 cal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.