1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a search for the forum i found alot of talk about getting 1919s setup to shoot the full length USGI or wood tipped blanks. My question is about the shorter Austrian blanks (shorter then live ammo and star crimped), is it possible to get the 1919 to cycle using this blanks?

Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have shot over 4k thru my gun using a spacer in the feed slot (some use a customized spacer, I just use a strip of plummers tape cut and bent to the right shape to take up the room left by a shorter round) About a 1/8" aperature on the BFA works with these. I welded up a 1919A4 booster and I also use an A6 original BFA with all the holes plugged except the end.....
They are not as loud as some but they are cheap and consistant and reliable...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Austrian Blanks

I had no luck with the Austrian blanks. They didnt have enough bark to cycle the weapon properly. I also found that they leave a nasty substance in the BFA. It is a sawdust looking material that seemed to be sticking to the inside of my booster. They are inexpensive blanks that I wish I could have used. I had to get the U.S. Lake City blanks and they work flawlessly. I hope that you have better luck than I did.

Todd

·
Registered
155 Posts
Blanks

I came across a guy at a gun show that had 2 cases. I just switched to 30.06 though. I still have 200 rounds left on izzy links if your interested.

·
Registered
809 Posts
pfc15,
I just ordered a thousand of the Austrian blanks from Century. Can you show a pic of your cartridge spacer? I would like to make one to use with these blanks. BTW what is plumbers tape? Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures would be great!!!

I would love to make some noise with these cheap blanks!!

Adam

Chopper28 said:
pfc15,
I just ordered a thousand of the Austrian blanks from Century. Can you show a pic of your cartridge spacer? I would like to make one to use with these blanks. BTW what is plumbers tape? Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTT

Any of you skilled machinist/gunsmiths willing to try building the needed parts/spacer if i supply the BFA and Austrian blanks?

Adam

·
Registered
502 Posts
A spacer is nothing more than a front cartridge stop that has had a build up to take up the space left by the blank being shorter than the live cartridge. Some weld a piece of metal and some just JB weld a piece on.

Let me see if I can post a pic of my plumbers tape (or water heater strap to some) version....

·
Registered
809 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Looks easy enough!! Just got the Austrian blanks from Century. On sale for $25/1,000rnds. Bright and shiny, 1992 manufacture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts