1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the other threads regarding the AW-SIM set up and have a few questions. I'm interested in feedback from those who have actually fired a semi 1919 on their AW-SIM. First, what kind of bullet dispersion are you getting at the 100-200 yard range? What type of tripod are you using? With my Mg42 AA tripod/Crankfire set up I'm getting a 8-15+foot verticle bullet dispertion, which seems a bit excessive, to me. Part of the problem is the cranking action required to operate the crankfire, this causes severe muzzle movement.

IF!! The AW-SIM set up only moves forward and back this may remove the dispersal problem. However, I've heard the gun jumps around allot anyway, and this may not solve my dispertion problem. Any thoughts? And yes, I will probably be considering a Bren, or MG34/42 Ground mount, if the AW-Sim doesn't do any better!

I've also read in the other posts that the AW-SIM didn't run that long in their video. I only have webtv, and couldn't watch the video to determine if that was due to a short belt or malfunctions. Will it run with a 200 rd belt non stop? Also, where, and how, would you mount a ammo can holder to the leftside frame of the AW-SIM mount? Would this keep the mount from recoiling properly, or would it be ok?

I'm just looking for solutions to better accuracy for my semi-1919. I like the look and operation of the AW-SIM, if it will cut my bullet dispertion at least in half I'd be more than happy!

I hope all my questions are taken in the manner I posted them, I'm just curious, and looing for specific answers. I'm not trying to "slam" or "diss" the AW-SIM folks or product.
I think the thing's neater than all get out! I just want to know if it's the solution to my problem before I lay out the cash.

So all you AW-SIM owners, give me some feed back from your firing experiences!

Thanks
Tom Kelly
Buckeye, AZ

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
:) :) :) When using a 1919 for goose hunting you want a Crankfire so you get the vertical line of dispersion. If using the 1919 for buffalo hunting you want the Aw-Sim so you get a kind of circular dispersion pattern. For shooting stationary Buick's the Crankfire will probably be the favored choice...if the Buick is moving you may want to go with an AW-Sim.

In all seriousness, I don't understand the big dispersion you're getting with the Crankfire. I shoot mine off an AA pod and can pretty much keep the rounds thru the drivers window of the target vehicle at 100 yards.

I don't own an Aw-Sim so I can't comment.

It just dawned on me...I shoot my 1919 off the AA pod standing up and it has an A6 shoulder stock. The shoulder stock makes all the difference in holding it steady. I rest it on my left shoulder and hold it with my left hand and turn the crank with my right hand. If you're shooting off a pod with no T&E to keep it steady you will get a pattern as big as a 727 no matter what device you use. On a fa 1919 you're only pulling the trigger once so you can get on target and stay there; with us pulling or manipulating the trigger with each round you have to secure the gun to some degree to control it.

Here's a friend shooting mine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shot mine from the sitting position, I'll try her standing up (leave it alone:) Emory mentioned using a A6 stock, I have his A6 adapter, guess I'll have to try the A6 stock, looks like a more stable set up. At this point I'd be happy to hit the Buick! Not too many geese in the desert!

Thanks - Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts