1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents were in town this week and my dad loves to hit flea markets and swap shops etc. So I decided to take the day yesterday and go with him to a local flea market. Walking around I picked up a couple books and saw a bunch of flea market gun dealers and general crap. About half way through the day I spotted this bad boy:

Nazi MP40 vet bring back that has been nickle plated. The rear 2-3" of the receiver were saw cut and missing, no internals, missing the bakelite parts, barrel welded shut, but everything is numbers matching. Mag is bent pretty good but a good mandrel could straighten that out.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
...do it real good...!!

Throw that incomplete piece of junk into a bucket of muratic acid and then park or blue it after a proper weld-up. Make it a semi-auto. Nice piece of history....

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I think that is a great find! I would try to research the finish though. I had a Luger once upon a time that looked just like that which turned out to be originally plated. If memory serves it was awarded to someone and since it was "an award" it had been plated. Unfortunately all of that info went with the new owner whom I do not have contact info for anymore.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I guess its too late to bake the hydrogen out of my Luger. Dang, who'da thunk it. Thanks for the info Alex, now I hate my fancy pistol. Anyone want to buy a pimped-out P08? J

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
A pair for sure.

That looks VERY familiar. Right down to the ground up serial# on the side panel. Might not be THE one, but sure does look like it. Never did record the number. Traded mine away over twenty years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts