·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Santa Russ has already been by LOL

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Naw, I found this in an old gunshop in Akron, NY. It was in 30 gallon grease barrel, wrapped in oil rags and newspapers dating to 1946. It even has the very light square acceptance stamp, with, of course, Mr. Frank's signature.

Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do absolutely love the bakelite grips. Amazing that in wartime they had the time to mark the rear sights so perfectly!

Airsoft Airsoft gun Airsoft gun Trigger

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Very nice.
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Is the rear sight marked BA? Its graduated for M1 Ball but has a M2 Ball booster plug opening (.718).

Ordnance something called "sight graduation filler" having never seen any I don't know if it was some sort of paint stick or something you rubbed on and then off.

Nice looking

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll try to get more photos up so you can see this beauty.

It's 100% BA except for the semi-auto RSP, which is a repro.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,240 Posts
Abominog, very nice piece there! I have been kept up to date on its progress from the current "BA" factory technician, lol. It looks good. Serial number one, too! ;)

I need to complete my first BA piece. It just needs a finish, but it's from the days when we were welding these together, still. Sadly it is tarnished by some stainless rod that the welder used. Have to paint it, rather than park. Oh, well. It's all there at least.

Reactions: toolmanm203

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
kkkriverrats SEZ: "....Ordnance (had) something called "sight graduation filler" having never seen any I don't know if it was some sort of paint stick or something you rubbed on and then off."

White "grease stick," (not really grease, it's like a soft crayon) white crayons work good, or yellow.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Read Only
836 Posts
Ordnance something called "sight graduation filler" having never seen any I don't know if it was some sort of paint stick or something you rubbed on and then off.

Nice looking
I have a very well preserved BA LHSP assembly that hase the sight with the very same paint stuff you mentioned. If you need pics lmk.

Nice build btw!

·
Premium Member
7,019 Posts
Looks like a nice build and it probably took some time to complete with some fool standing over your shoulder driving you nuts :)

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Note the plethora of BA marked parts. No Izzy marked stuff anywhere!

The safety bar rivet, BA marked, is one of only a handful known to exist today.

I must say: I had "a lot of help" ha ha. And if the plate supplier wants to step forward that's OK.

The amount of work that went into the tiniest details means this specimen, in this condition, would cost many times more than any semi 1919 that's ever been sold to date. Clearly, the fanaticism that went into accumulating these parts is unparalleled, and the finishing (such as polishing the shroud) is something best left to hobbyists, not those who want to turn a profit.

I'll leave it to those who did all the real work to ID themselves if they care to.

So enjoy!

Silver Material property Metal Rectangle Black Grey Circle Eye Close-up Architecture Automotive wheel system Auto part Wheel Technology Electronic device Photography Camera accessory Black Water Atmospheric phenomenon Calm Monochrome photography Scientific instrument Technology Product Gun Trigger

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I'll leave it to those who did all the real work to ID themselves if they care to.

So enjoy!

View attachment 8593 View attachment 8602 View attachment 8601 View attachment 8600 View attachment 8599 View attachment 8598 View attachment 8597 View attachment 8596 View attachment 8595 View attachment 8594 View attachment 8603 [/QUOTE

The attention to detail is amazing. I have a pretty good idea who all was involved here. Not too many of us BA fanatics out there that would go to such great lengths. Come forth all of you!!! :rofl:
CaptMax

Reactions: toolmanm203

·
Premium Member
7,019 Posts
Well I may have had a little to do with it heck I could not stand by and let someone build a BA gun without going the full Monty now could I? The plate is one of Lucky13's (Rouge Island Arsenal) and is a work of art in it's own right we just added the two original BA factory inspectors stamps and this was built on the original work bench from the BA factory. Dan from Angola Armory gave me the bench a few years back and it was his fathers who worked at the factory. Saving those bolt hold open latch rivets and right front cartridge stops is a pita but worth it in the end I think? I am about ready to finally build the twins so maybe in a month I can get some photo's up and convince a few more guys to do a BA build. I only have about 8 guys here hooked at this point but eventually I will get you all lol.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts