1919 A4 Forums banner

Banning milling machines

5K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  Houndsworth 
#1 ·
#37 ·
Save for a random emergency box of Mac and cheese for quick and easy we make most of our meals from scratch. Generally fresh veg. Though rarely make the pasta. Dried is good and super inexpensive.

I just prefer to cook the whole thing and not interested in a box of hamburger helper or frozen dinner kits

#40 ·
Those milsurp aluminum pots are so thick it would take 3 lifetimes for tomatoes to eat through them. I doubt the military cared what they cooked in them and heavy-duty commercial aluminum pots/pans are in use throughout the restaurant/food service industry. Besides, I hate cooked tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, etc. When it comes to tomatoes, I only like fresh, ripe sliced on burgers/sandwiches and tomato juice.

#43 ·
I can't imagine how a ban on CNC machines or 3D printers would hold up in court, unless it gets enforced only as a ban on advertising the machine for firearm making purposes.

What I worry more about is if they pass language that bans making of firearms by non-FFLs. Of course, even in this case, we should have a huge plausible deniability loophole for designs that existed before the ban, unless they also completely disregard the prohibition on ex post facto law, and ban possession of firearms not made and serialized by an FFL. Unfortunately, I think this would effectively kill 3D printing and home CNC of firearms, holding the firearm industry back similar to how the NFA has held back suppressors and PDWs for decades, but also not significantly deter criminals, like we see with the NFA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.