1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that has a nice Belguim made BAR in 30-06,I can get it for a good price, but that 4 round mag is a big deal breaker! Is there any way to convert 20 round mags to fit a civilian BAR,I would love to have a real BAR but I just can't afford one,I know the civilian gun doesn't look anything like GI gun but it has the same firepower,if you can make the mags work! It's just a thought.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
:rofl::rofl:

I thought about this years ago, I wondered.... can these really take the punishment of lets say 200-300 rounds per range trip???

·
Registered
350 Posts
Never seen a mag for the hunting bar. Anyone have pics of one? Preferably top, and sides? Be an interesting mod lol

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mods

I was thinking you would probably cut the tops off the hunting mags and then the tops off the GI mags and weld them together, might take some tinkering to make them work properly, but it looks like a common mod with the 9MM finnish drums to make them work on other 9mm guns. Of course with the price of BAR mags it could get pricey really quick!

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fnar?

What mags does the FNAR use? If they were M1 mags it would be a wonderful thing, but I doubt they had that much sense,heck I would mind if it used FAL mags, I just hate to pay $40 a piece for a dedicated mag!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts