1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime back in the dark ages when the site crashed on a regular basis some one posted a picture of a plastic parts box with compartments for BAR parts. The compartments has labels that could be read through the cover anyone have one or know where the picture is?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Sometime back in the dark ages when the site crashed on a regular basis some one posted a picture of a plastic parts box with compartments for BAR parts. The compartments has labels that could be read through the cover anyone have one or know where the picture is?
Probably not an answer to your question but the only plastic GI gun parts box I am familiar with is the one listed in the check list for the "Tool Kit Small Arms repair" It is listed as "Box Small Parts Plastic 16 Compartment, Hinged Cover". It is 7-1/8 inch length X 4-1/16 Inch Wide, 1-3/16 in Depth It has 16 small compartments about 1-1/2 long by 1 inch wide and one larger compartment 4 inches long by 1-1/4 wide. It has two metal hinges. NSN is 8115-00-663-0212. These have been used for as long as I can remember and probably date to the 60s or earlier. We had these in the NG and USAR and they did not seem big enough for most spare parts but were OK for small screws and pins and maybe M1 rifle firing pins.

It does not seem big enough for most BAR parts and has no labels that show what parts go where.

If this seems like the one you are looking for I have one I can take a picture of.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Here's the picture of the one I was talking about go ahead and take a pic of yours and post it. Looking for a different pic without the thumb. I can remember looking up the patent for this box as it was a comerical item

·
Registered
178 Posts
We have many of those style boxes around here. I do not think they were an issue item but rather used in the arms room at a base. They were probably stock NSN item that could be ordered threw the system. It was then up to the armorer to populate them. We have them with and without labels. Not just BAR parts but 30,50 m60, T&E, ect.
Dave

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have many of those style boxes around here. I do not think they were an issue item but rather used in the arms room at a base. They were probably stock NSN item that could be ordered threw the system. It was then up to the armorer to populate them. We have them with and without labels. Not just BAR parts but 30,50 m60, T&E, ect.
Dave
Dave

How are they listed on your web site? And can one get specific labeling and is there a patent number on any of them so I can date the introduction?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,085 Posts

Here's the picture of the one I was talking about go ahead and take a pic of yours and post it. Looking for a different pic without the thumb. I can remember looking up the patent for this box as it was a comerical item
Looks a lot like the ones I have here, even says "grasp here to open" but also says "MIGHTY TUFF BOX".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts