1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had these for many years. Left gun is R-25 Colt, other is FM-30, FN. Right side gun, 7.65x54Arg, has always shot 8" high at 100ft. I have had a couple replacement front sites lying on the display shelf with it. Today I put a taller one on. In the process, I noticed the rear site is on the gun tall end forward, not the same as my Colt & Swede...... Raising the "ladder' shows the markings to face the shooter on both. All this stuff seems to be reversible....IE: looks like the "ladder" can be installed either way as can the site body.

You guys w/BARS, take a look & lemme know how yours is mounted............

PJH

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Ears go to rear. Won't change the point-of-impact if swapped around but the higher front sight will do it…..

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Most models and countries made theirs with the hump at the rear . There was at least onr country that put them hump to the front . I'm not sure if there was a US variation that did so .
Are your ladders marked on BOTH sides or just one side each but just opposite each other ?
Might check to see if any will go down to a 100 yard setting . That requires a milling relief for clearance that not everyone did at all times.
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts