1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The barrel extension on the left is from an ORF semi auto gun. Is it absolutely necessary to machine the tang and make a cut out above the tang to accommodate a KMP trigger ? Like the one on the far right ?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Barrels extension mods

I've used barrel extensions that I forgot to grind the tang and it worked fine. This may come down to that wonderful phrase "part stacking tolerances". So sometimes it is just the side that needs to be milled, there you are really just making a clearance cut for the denial island.
Maybe others have seen the mod you picture. 30cal has done some KMP internals for me, but never that design.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
The one pictured on the right seems to be wider and possibly deeper than necessary for the KMP trigger. I think the ones I have done were only deep enough to clear as demonstrated by examination of the parts out of the gun. Also the cuts were probably only about a third as wide as the sample in the picture. They need not be wider than front of the trigger. Maybe a little more to compensate for a little slop in the trigger side to side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts