1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Not US, but you already knew that

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I've got one with similar markings and the same logo as in photo 2. I think it may be British. Look at the marking to the left of the logo. Looks like an "E" inside a "D" like on Enfield BREN's. The British used a lot of 1919A4's on their AFV's postwar.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I've got one with similar markings and the same logo as in photo 2. I think it may be British. Look at the marking to the left of the logo. Looks like an "E" inside a "D" like on Enfield BREN's. The British used a lot of 1919A4's on their AFV's postwar.
Yep, what Alex said. The same marking on a British L1A1 lower receiver and magazine:

(Photo shamelessly acquired from fal files dot com)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it is safe to say this is a British mfg. post war barrel for use in American M1919 Browning .30 air cooled guns? Please tell me there are no other British mfg. marked parts out there... I would hate to have to put together a fully marked British 1919 :eek::eek::eek: Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
411 Posts
reviving a year old thread here because I have a similar barrel with BG mark instead of BS. the proof mark was struck a little clearer on my barrel and shows a crown over crossed flags with a D, C, and P meaning, Dominion of Canada Proof. so, mine chambered a 3006 round just fine, are these barrels any more valuable than a standard go barrel?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
I have not pulled my sample to double check the markings, but my bet is that this is a BCI A4 barrel, probably WWII production. They are not common, but do turn up from time to time. Might have a little extra value, but only to someone collecting BCI parts for an A4 build. It's not suitable for a C5A1 build though, being the wrong caliber. Too much work for most of us to fix that, though I think the Canadians did convert some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts