1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all how are you cleaning crud and grease from inside barrel jackets, on parts kits. always used rag screwed to old mop handle in the solvent tank. Much older now and don’t mind spending a little compared to when was in my twenty’. Found this place all size diameter and length brushes, maybe late to game but wanted to share going to need a big pegboard above solvent tank for all the sizes lol.

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greaser
been looking at some ultrasonic units, any tidbits of info to share. Have one little cheap ass one to do small stuff been wanting to invest in larger one, any suggestions as to what to look for. Thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
The 30L ones on Ebay just under 250 work ok. Fit 5 gallons of cleaner. Will fit a barrel jacket fully if off a trunion, easily fits a complete left side plate assembly.

The recent crop of kits in the last month or so are very greasy. The ones before that were just dirty. Having this thing saves me a bunch of time and screwing around.

Really all about finding a cleaner thst works well to cut the grease and work with the ultrasonic. Tried simple green and purple power in it and was very dissappointed in the result.... the crc does a lot better.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I use cheap metal cooking pans ($1 at the dollar store) and soak in paint stripper. Long assemblies can only be soaked one end at a time. Removes cosmoline, dirt, and oil

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank greaser, still use old solvent tank with the real old school stuff, but want to get a sonic unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts