1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the tutorial section that covers barrel shroud alignment (http://1919a4.com/tutorials/tutorial12.php), but I just don't see where this gap is that's supposed to be measured. Perhaps I'm putting too much thought into it. Can someone explain this further or differently please? Here a pic of the the tutorial section in question. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
It's a little hard to see in the pix, but there is a gap between the straightedge and the barrel shroud that runs the length of the shroud. The idea is to adjust the gap until it is even along the entire length of the shroud by sliding the RSP slightly forward or aft prior to drilling and riventing the RSP.

This presumes that the shroud is straight and that the ends of the shroud are cut at a 90 degree angle to the shroud itself. You can check both of those items on a milling table or other known flat surface by rolling the shroud and watching for gaps and by trying the ends with a square while the straight shroud is still on the table.

Clear as mud? :confused:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I see now. I was thinking it was a gap between the shroud and the trunnion itself and is why things didn't click. I'll have to recheck mine again.

·
6,504 Posts
And again, and again, and again until you finally set the rivets. Good job on paying attention to this vital detail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts