1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
NEXT! :cool:

·
1,947 Posts
One guy posted on Subguns.com that he's just a rat leaving a sinking ship before the investigation is made public.

You gotta wonder why he would leave after only 2.5 years.

Orin

·
Registered
662 Posts
What investigation? Gonzolas is likely to appoint someone less gun friendly than Ashcroft was. This is probably not good for us.

·
1,947 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
BATFE's director now has to get confirmed by Congress, but having watched some of these hearings on C-SPAN they are a joke.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
From the newspaper article I read today, he quit under pressure about his spending habits regarding the BATF-E's new HQ building and the luxury appointments that he was ordering for his personal office, including a $65,000 desk, wood flooring, $35,000 in "trimming" for his office....

Nice to know my tax dollars are hard at work!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
In a perfect world Id have no ATF, but in reality, Id rather see him broke with alot of office bling than burning up cash doing "investigations"

·
Registered
886 Posts
If BATF would let us register FA weapons that would more than pay for his wood floors and more!!! Its just crazy that a citizen who wants to do things legal and pay the fees cannot.Thats why a M1 thompson now goes for 20k or more,like other FA guns,the price will never go down! FA gun transfer fees would bring a huge source of money to the Government.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
I like the idea of registering fa weapons that we can build at home. If I heard the statistic correctly on the History Channel and if it's accurate, there has only been one registered fa used in a crime since 1934 and that was by a law officer.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Thats what I have read,,,Anyone who has been through the process( I have) understands it. A background check by Feds,local PD chief has to sign you off and finger prints done. Most crooks dont take the time to do this. Also when you have that on the line you really watch your back and what you say! Nowdays it would not take much to mess this and your background up so you cant pass to own a FA firearm.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
loboslanding said:
I like the idea of registering fa weapons that we can build at home. If I heard the statistic correctly on the History Channel and if it's accurate, there has only been one registered fa used in a crime since 1934 and that was by a law officer.
From everything that I've read, it was a narcotics officer in Ohio that took revenge on a dealer with a MAC-10. I think I read the jest of the incident on one of James Bardwell's FAQ's or opinions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts