1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I eFiled a Form 3 for a Post Sample w/love letter on June 25. It was approved on June 29. Four days is pretty damn good in my book. I boxed everything up and took the package to the local Post Office for shipment. As required, I also filled out a PO Form 1508 with my shipment. I was then asked if the firearm being shipped was a Class 3 item or not. When I told them that it was, they marked the package as "Contains Hazardous Material". I did not see any additional charge on my receipt for hazardous material. It looks like Bobby Dylan was right, the times they are a changin'.

Reactions: Lucky#13

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
The local clerks here stopped asking me what was in a package many years ago. I often tease them by asking if they want to know and the answer is always - No. :)

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Well, Im a little impressed that they even knew what a Cl3 item was. I mean no disrespect to the good postal workers out there, but all the ones Ive encountered when shipping guns have been downright ignorant or rude.
Ive been told 'its illegal to mail guns' and 'you have to be a dealer to ship guns' and was once told to leave 'before they called local law enforcement'. (and Ive been nothing but polite and patient with them). As others have said, now I just generally answer 'no' to the 'anything dangerous' question. In my defense, an unloaded firearm is no more dangerous than a hammer so Im not really lying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts