1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
It should. Its about the opening producing enough back pressure to cycle the gun. If it is a converted Canadian C5 it was meant to run that caliber

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Mike you BCI parts hog :rofl:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Mike you BCI parts hog :rofl:
Call me what you will but I will NEVER be as bad as some of those BA guys and I am sure you know who I mean! LOL.

It only makes sense for me to use a BCI marked C5 booster since I am building another C5A1.

Would you happen to have a stash of BCI stuff somewhere????? LOL

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Call me what you will but I will NEVER be as bad as some of those BA guys and I am sure you know who I mean! LOL.

Hey I resemble that remark! You guys are as sick as I am that is why were friends you just don't want to admit it :tongue: at least I am honest with myself, most of the time :rolleyes:

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Just for clarification, below is a photo from kkkriverrats' amazing site, m1919tech.com. Photo credit to our friend Jackal. This shows the details of the mods to the C5A1 version for 7.62 NATO. You can see how these are bushed down in a different fashion than what the Israelis did.

Booster article here: http://m1919tech.com/23255.html

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Hey I resemble that remark! You guys are as sick as I am that is why were friends you just don't want to admit it :tongue: at least I am honest with myself, most of the time :rolleyes:
I am proud of you Russ, the first step to an addiction is admitting you have a problem.:rofl:
The second step would be seeking help, so if you need any help disposing of those habit forming BA parts I am here for you brother. :eek:
Just kidding, I know you can handle it in moderation. :D
CaptMax

·
Registered
5,117 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Unfortunately I haven't seen any more BCI C5A1 stuff come up for sale. It seems like it has all dried up. I thought I had heard of someone having a C5A1 bolt, but not sure if they would be willing to part with it and if it was complete or stripped.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Unfortunately I haven't seen any more BCI C5A1 stuff come up for sale. It seems like it has all dried up. I thought I had heard of someone having a C5A1 bolt, but not sure if they would be willing to part with it and if it was complete or stripped.
It sure has dried up. The bolt I have but I need a booster and the retracting bar assembly and I think I have everything else that is special to build another C5A1 to replace the one I had to sell to pay for my divorce! (which is official on July 6th! Yippee!!!!!)

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Well don't keep your hopes up for a retracting bar assembly. Those were next to impossible to find a couple years ago and might be impossible now.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Mike & Jackal--

Its probably far easier to make the parts for the retracting bar assembly. I believe I posted that dimensions a while ago.

--fjruple

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Mike & Jackal--

Its probably far easier to make the parts for the retracting bar assembly. I believe I posted that dimensions a while ago.

--fjruple
Frank bite your tongue! It is far more fun to watch these guys hunt for the rare and hard to find parts I mean let's face it anyone can repro parts but we do try to raise the bar around here. Ignore him guys just keep hunting until you are lucky enough to find them and just hope you are still young enough to pick them up and haul them to the range :tongue:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Well don't keep your hopes up for a retracting bar assembly. Those were next to impossible to find a couple years ago and might be impossible now.
If it was easy everyone would do it! I like the challenge and they are out there somewhere. I just have to find them while I am still breathing! LOL.

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Frank bite your tongue! It is far more fun to watch these guys hunt for the rare and hard to find parts I mean let's face it anyone can repro parts but we do try to raise the bar around here. Ignore him guys just keep hunting until you are lucky enough to find them and just hope you are still young enough to pick them up and haul them to the range :tongue:
AMEN to that Brother Russ!

Mike--Mustangman7

1 - 20 of 22 Posts