1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would tell you you don't need one! But I preordered one today! They got me, they get me every time!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Oh, thats sexy. The quick change barrel is a totally unnecessary feature though. Wonder how much they could bring the price down if they omitted it?

Still......awesome idea. Wish I could own one. :(

·
Registered
193 Posts
That is slick . . . (and as has been said) if it comes to market. I'd like to know what kind of links it uses. Website doesn't say but seems to imply that the links are proprietary. If so, tooling up to make links is no small feat because of the precise nature of links . . . at least the ones that work. Wonder if any other links can be modified to work???

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
only if they offer it in a 10" setup .

I wonder if the links aren't just a modified existing style. That would be $$ setting up just to make a new link.

·
Registered
112 Posts
only if they offer it in a 10" setup .

I wonder if the links aren't just a modified existing style. That would be $$ setting up just to make a new link.
FM9_TopCoverWithBelt-1024x831.jpg
Links look custom (proprietary)

they posted in comments on youtube: "11" is the shortest right now lol 5 1/2" in development but needs a new rail design"

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Yeah kind of neat, I admire the technical innovation. But buy one, why? Looks like a complicated, impractical, proprietary weapon system to me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah kind of neat, I admire the technical innovation. But buy one, why? Looks like a complicated, impractical, proprietary weapon system to me.
Because you can. Because of the technical innovation. Because it's complicated, impractical and proprietary. Because this group is mostly made up of tinker types (i.e. engineers without a degree) who like a new/innovative way of doing something. Because Christmas is around the corner. (I know, I know, it's too early to talk about Christmas!!!)

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Because you can. Because of the technical innovation. Because it's complicated, impractical and proprietary. Because this group is mostly made up of tinker types (i.e. engineers without a degree) who like a new/innovative way of doing something. Because Christmas is around the corner. (I know, I know, it's too early to talk about Christmas!!!)
:lol: You are absolutely right, a perfect Christmas present for the guy or gal who has everything. I was looking at it more from the perspective of a modern fighting weapon, not as a collectible.

·
Registered
193 Posts
:lol: You are absolutely right, a perfect Christmas present for the guy or gal who has everything. I was looking at it more from the perspective of a modern fighting weapon, not as a collectible.
Correct, I wouldn't want to take it to war or even for home defense. I'll leave that to tried and true guns like an M1/M14, G3, 1911, grease gun, etc. But if you walk up to the line at say KCR, it'd have a certain "wow factor" that your typical sten, thompson, MP40, MP5, etc would not have. 'Course, if it jams all the time then no so much wow!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
German prototype belt fed from WW2. Uses a push through belt, like the MG-42, etc. So this isn't the first effort at this idea, but it never hurts to try again I guess. Pull out links are gonna make it a lot harder in my opinion, but however. Should be interesting to see.

10796352.jpg

·
Registered
536 Posts
Wow, Kommifornia saves me again. Once again we in CA will merely press our snotty noses against the window and watch.

·
Registered
481 Posts
+1!! I wouldn't have a 1/3 of what I own if not for this mindset! :D

1 - 20 of 154 Posts