1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
1918 Belt loader manual

Thanks to Albert...!! There was never a real 'manual' as such,but the info shown was usually placed into the FM's for the 1917/1919 as a few pages or sections.
I have produced a manual with all the info shown,as well as line diagrams,parts identification,a numbering system,original drawing numbers that were published and a 11 1/2 x 17 center-fold. These sell for $10.00 delivered. 1918 Browning Belt loader 001.jpg 1918 Browning Belt loader 006.jpg 1918 Browning Belt loader 004.jpg
Checks accepted from 1919 members. Send to...Len's Ammo Shop,2402 S. Michigan St.,South Bend,IN-46614.

·
Registered
80 Posts
1918 Belt loader manual

Thanks to Albert...!! There was never a real 'manual' as such,but the info shown was usually placed into the FM's for the 1917/1919 as a few pages or sections.
I have produced a manual with all the info shown,as well as line diagrams,parts identification,a numbering system,original drawing numbers that were published and a 11 1/2 x 17 center-fold. These sell for $10.00 delivered. View attachment 89525 View attachment 89527 View attachment 89529
Checks accepted from 1919 members. Send to...Len's Ammo Shop,2402 S. Michigan St.,South Bend,IN-46614.
if you still have these, I will take one- please let me know
thanks
Stephen

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well, for the first time I really looked at those pictures very carefully. And I can tell you they are staged and not from a real loading session. Look how straight the belt is from across the guide to the needle arms and especially the round seating at the star wheels. Bull crap! The belt moves forward while seating every time, and if tight then its so bad that it pulls it away from the needle arms reach. It should at least appear to be doing what it really does.

Then if you look, its not even seating them past the neck. Once I figured out that my US pusher was pushing the belts so bad it was forcing it out of reach of the needles, even on my used looser belts; I shaved the face of the pusher back 1/8". It was over inserting it so bad the shoulders were forced past the allowance of the pockets.
It was from over inserting it 5/16" deep to now around 3/16 to a 1/4 past the neck, and it doesn't jump away from the needles reach and still holds on now with 3006. I suppose I could have tried making a shorter link arm instead to see if it would be long enough in the rear stroke. But if its good back there, it might have caused another problem, but worth testing.
If you're asking for a manual you most likely have issues you are trying to solve for. And yes the manual has some very important info covered like setting the needles and not to have too much pull force on the loaded belt hanging off a table, importance of cleaning and oiling and general parts. But there is a huge learning curve and alot it doesn't cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts