1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BeltFed GURU
4,391 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Yes that is Truly a Cockatoo with an Attitude and understanding what is being said !!!! Living with a Free Range Macaw can be difficult at times but Very rewarding too !!!!

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought you would like it. :D
That is one pissed off bird!!!!
CaptMax

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Freinds in town have a couple rescued birds. Their house is on the corner by the town Veterans memorial a few houses away from the Legion post. So last Memorial day they were having a ceremony there, and the one bird was making whistling noises like incoming artillery and then yelling BOOOM out the window at them.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,391 Posts
GSG,
All Parrots ,Macaws and Cockatoos have a definite sense of Humor ,it is at it`s essence a bit malicious that is why mine is known as the Evil One :firedevil: !!!

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Seen that in action in the past. Freinds african grey would climb down off his perch when the black lab was sleeping. They also had 2 cats they got as kittens from same litter. The cats used to curl up with the dog, need on him and then nap while purring. So the grey would walk up on the napping dog purring like the cats would, rub his head against the dog then bite the crap out of him. The poor dog would yelp in surprise because he thought it was the cats and the grey would run/fly back to its perch cackling evilly. Thats the same one that would practice every which way he could say "f×€£ you!" Soft and gentle, raising in volume, different voices, for hours and hours.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,391 Posts
In dealing with a number of them and teaching some one else how to raise a Macaw cage free ,i have found if you treat them like a Person in every way ,which they Are ,they Understand and act well .Yes there is still the mischief but for how you Respect them they Respect you in return !! This is more true of no cage raised over caged . Free they watch and learn reaching their full potential as a social being ! The little one now 3 years old has never bitten any one nibbled and nipped yes but never cut /full bit even the daughter who of afraid of her and calls her name for transport when she feels like not wanting to walk some where !! Oh they really are People ,small ,feather ,alien thinking People . Not the least bit shy about "I Want" ,failure it heed will get a reaction and not immediately either :eek::eek::eek:!!!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
NOTHING like coming home to an "empty" house and being greeted by a sentient being saying "Helloo-o!" Funniest thing our our Congo Grey did was finish off the Happy Birthday song with four dinner guests with a "Whoo Hoo!" -- Don't tell us he isn't a character. Oh yeah, he has his moods. The first 24 hours after we come back from an extended (48 hours or more) trip he has this "Why the #%[email protected] you left me with the 'pet' sitter?" attitude. He loves to hang upside down when he really wants to be stroked all over, but don't fall for that right after we've come back from a trip -- he'll draw a bit of blood!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
They will bite you too if you are careless:rofl:

118 Posts
I had a GF that would house sit for fellow church members while they were away. I would go over and screw her and eat their food and drink all their booze. This family were people my family knew since I was a kid. But I had never been in their house before. They had a parrot that loved Sesame Street. Went crazy when you turned it on, and watched the whole thing. And got very mad if you didn't turn it on, since he knew what time it came on.

So one day my GF is upstairs and I am in the bathroom or something and I hear the parrot say, "I'm on it I'm on it. Going to be fine. I'll take care of it." Wow, this must be a tense place with the owners around :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts