1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a 1919 with the shroud still attached.alignment looked perfect.When sighted in the rear sight is far left of zero.Checked the shroud and it is slightly bent.Make sure you check your's!Hope this helps for people having sight problems.

·
6,504 Posts
Thx for the warning. For some reason we're seeing more and more bent ones when we hardly ever saw one before. Maybe the quality of parts sets is getting worse due to lessening availability.

Not to slam anybody's parts sets, but I'm wondering if these bent ones are coming from a particular vendor/supplier.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Built 5.All from oow parts sets.Mine was the only one with the bent shroud.These are not new parts.I didn't even think about checking it for straitness as it looked brand new.Just wanted to let every one to check your shroud before assembly!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
prop the booster up on 2 x 4s
remove barrel completely
apply ass to the center of the shroud with your foot

take it off and check it

apply a little more

take it off and check it

it works :)

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts
B.A.R. gunner said:
prop the booster up on 2 x 4s
remove barrel completely
apply ass to the center of the shroud with your foot

take it off and check it

apply a little more

take it off and check it

it works :)
Did mine that way, straighteded it right up. Sometimes it throws the shroud out of round. A few squezes in a large bench vise (between blocks) will true it back up.

MSG

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys got the gears turning!I know the ol stand and bend method would work.I think I might go 1 step further:rolleyes: How about screwing abooster in each end,2x4 under each end .A2x4 on top and straiten with a press?If I didnt have access to a press my foot would have been on it by now.:D Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts