1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching a KMP Buffalo arms and recon ordnance for a semi auto 1919, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience on builds that they have good reviews of or ones to stay clear of? Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Both KMP and Recon Arms are reputable builders. But KMP sells side plates so it could be built by someone else.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Ohio Rapid Fire aren’t the highest quality. Mine leaks rust and is too tight on the back plate. Plus they followed old rules and welded the plates. That said, it was ORF that brought us common folk the first affordable semi 1919.

One popular builder, and I won’t name names, has done some pretty sloppy work. Most of it is cosmetic.

As already noted, KMP sells parts, so a KMP labeled home build may run the gamut in quality.

Ravenna builds a nice gun and is the leader in value. If you’re working and value free time, it’s more cost effective to send a kit to them and get a working gun back. Truly a case where throwing money at a situation makes a ton of sense.

There are a few small scale, highest quality builders, like Lucky13, but they are low volume because none but the most fanatic will pay double the average price for an example that far exceeds factory quality.

·
Registered
388 Posts
When a mine is a Jerry Maguire build it was it's pretty good also I can't remember his name he's out of Memphis Tennessee he works for the railroad he's pretty good too

·
11,673 Posts
Recon was farming all their builds out I thought?

leaks rust? From where? Oil it more?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
If by railroad guy you mean Robert, well he disappointed a lot of people here and disappeared.

My ORF, and others, weren’t well prepared. They leak rust from the trunnion/plate interface and no amount of oil, short of submersion, has stopped it. It’s cosmetic

AFAIK Recon does not make those they sell.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
If by railroad guy you mean Robert, well he disappointed a lot of people here and disappeared.

My ORF, and others, weren’t well prepared. They leak rust from the trunnion/plate interface and no amount of oil, short of submersion, has stopped it. It’s cosmetic

AFAIK Recon does not make those they sell.
Correct Robert (CNKILLERCLOWN) not only did some extremely sloppy work, he actually damaged good parts. I remember one of his last works of art, he took a grinding wheel to a helpless 1928 Colt to smooth down a rivet. By the time he was done you couldn't use those parts on a dummy gun. Robert the clown killed that gun and messed up his business partner who owned the shop. I think the gun's owner eventually sent the completed gun to John McGuire who did an outstanding job of rebuilding and refinishing it. Robert would ask the experts on the forum about technical information, and then would post information on the forum like he was an expert. If you search the forum, you can read some of his reviews, here is one: CNKILLERCLOWN info

·
11,673 Posts
Yeah, Robert left not long after I removed his moderator status. You can’t use the name of this site to help your business, if you can’t deliver and take members for a multi year ride.

his old partner squared up with me for a silly k98 issue. It was always a pile of empty promises with Robert.

those who have always been square with me:
@30calmachinegunner
@toolmanm203
@johnmcguire
@greaser
Lot of others for sure but just going through the list. I could list off quite a few who have caused me problems that 30cal and McGuire and now greaser have helped me correct. Over the years you get burned some times.
R

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome thanks for the input all! Definitely heard Joe Mcguire a few times in my research.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts