1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering if anyone has found an oil to aply to the barrel that gives the best smoke show, or starts smoking the quickest?

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Now there's an interesting question. . .

I gather you want to generate lots of white smoke? If so, you might try your local auto parts store and ask for Marvel X Mystery Oil (I may be dating myself here). It comes in a red can and is referred to as a "top oil". Makes a marvelous amount of white smoke - enough to cover most of a city block - when a small amount is introduced into the intake manifold of a running engine.

Dunno if this will work for sure, but I'm going to try it on a hot barrel next trip out to the range. Should be an interesting experiment. Maybe it'll cut some of the crud that builds up on the booster! :D

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Castor oil (drug store)-- not Castroil Motor Oil -- is what James Bond (the first) used, but I did it WAY before him -- Model "T" spark coil hooked to a spark plug about a foot behind the muffler of a '54 Chevy, with a pesticide pump-spray nozzle brazed into the tailpipe about 6" in front of that, would throw a **** of a clould of pure white -- DENSE smoke behind!!! Not too many people appreciated it, 'specially if they were trying to find and stop us. They couldn't see to drive!!! It's a wonder I "grew up."

·
Registered
439 Posts
smoke oil, and rooster tails

<They couldn't see to drive!!! It's a wonder I "grew up.">

I had the plug at the end of the tailpipe, with a rich mix we could shoot
40 foot rooster tails. twas great cruising the strip on friday nights, till
john law started looking up everybodies tailpipe and killed the fun.

The james bond thing was cool too. I kinda wanted to make
an oil slick dispenser for tailgaiters.

--ray

"In Germany hundreds of soccer hooligans have been arrested
for flipping over cars, starting fires and throwing bottles
at police. How about they put that on TV? I'll watch that
over the World Cup." --Jay Leno

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not to mention that after breathing in a bunch of the Castor oil smoke, the people following you would need alot of toilet paper. Same effect as taking a spoonfull of the stuff. I read that since the WW1 aircraft used castor oil for a lubricant, and the pilots would breathe in the vapors from the running engine, that it had the same effect. Also read that some pilots cut a hole in their seat and the bottom of the plane so when the time came, they would fly over enemy lines for a little "bombing practice":eek:

·
"man of the cloth" Loader
864 Posts
Lps

I use LPS. It smokes a lot and doesen't leave much chit on the hot parts. WD40 will catch on fire better though.:D
BA

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Izzat so?

"WD40 will catch on fire better though."

Amazing what you learn on this site. Well, it's off to the range for me!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts