1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I do not wish to sound like I do not wish to help but my suggestion would be: By using the SEARCH function on this forum before you put all these simple questions up. They have been answered several million times already!

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Newbie trying to run up his post count so he can PM would be my guess. I'd probably do the same if I was just starting out. ;)

Good advice on the search function, though. Rather than ask a barrage of questions most FNG's give an innocuous response to every thread that comes up for a couple of days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5 years on the forum. Joined 5 years ago when thinking about getting a FA 1919. 1 year to find one. THREE FREAKING YEARS FOR THE TRANSFER TO GO THROUGH. Crazy, long story. ATF madness at its best.

I now have it. I want to get up and going. I have one day before I am back in the field so I was hoping to get some answers quick so I can get some stuff ordered before I am out of pocket again.

Sorry to be a pest. I will use the search function. :D

Thanks

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Karma metal products sells a mounting bracket for the 1919, give them a try.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
As much as I enjoy this site, I must say that I haven't had very good luck using the search feature. I've tried searching a few of my own posts and could not locate them.

Something to think about; If the search feature was absolute optimum and everyone used it without fail, this forum would have emptied out by probably 90% of topics used after the first four years of it's existence.

Only open Talk, Political, for sale and WTB would be busy.

·
Premium Member
6,037 Posts
I looked around as well as I know this topic has come up on numerous occasions but I'll be darned if I could find anything other than the one Karma makes? I am not the best at the searches though and I do recall there were others made over the years so maybe others will chime in with info on them. Russ

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
There was a short run done about 15 years ago, I think by Azex. It was cast and very sturdy, not one of the "bent metal" varieties that are common. They aren't common, and when the come up aren't cheap.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
I have one of the AZEXARMS mounts stashed away from way back when. I mounted a red dot and wasn't thrilled with the set-up, so it got put in a box with other stuff.
If someone here is interested in it I'll let it go for $75.00 plus $13.00 Fl Rate Shipping.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Search Feature Needs Work!

rugman SEZ: ".... I haven't had very good luck using the search feature. I've tried searching a few of my own posts and could not locate them...."

I, too, have had the search feature fail to show sites and posts I know I've made -- today, yesterday, weeks or months ago. I've found one trick is to NOT PUT IN THE SEARCH WORDS, but only my nom de plume, or whatever it is we call it here, and a "SINCE" date of (say) 2 weeks ago, or 2 months ago, or in the last year, AND IT'LL SHOW MY POSTS. It also works OK that way for other's names -- SOMETIMES -- but often WILL NOT WORK AT ALL if I don't know the poster's name.

The search feature definitely needs improving, and it IS a little disconcerting for newbies to not be able to search for repeatedly answered questions on their own.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts