1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beware! Mike Duke got to me and several hundred dollars later and a project that took me much longer than it would have taken him... its done and I am pretty happy with it. Mike talked me into this wall control panels for the gun room. So it was time to finish off about half of it and display some of the guns! Its certainly a very nice way do it it and you can do it pretty cheap if you want to as you can use regular peg board hooks. I put some extra money into it for the wall control hooks and even more for the pads to put on the hooks. I probably should have bought some of the plastic dip as it would have saved me like a hundred bucks. Its not a great area for a display with lots going on but I am happy with the way it came out. The wall control panels are about the cheapest best way to go and were less than half the cost of standard metal pegboard at HD or Lowes. I wanted to go with galvanized panels as they were the cheapest.

So anyway, here it is. I am not as old as some of you guys, so I am a bit worried about not having enough space for hopefully 40 more years of collecting... but we will see. I did not display everything but its most. As you can see, I shoot a wide range of guns. A few are display but most are shooters, the RPG & Iver Johnson Defender (family gun) being the only two non-shooters. The LMG08/15s and 1910 are parts kits but they will shoot eventually. I think I need to add a lever gun to the collection at some point but Henry will not make me an engraved 1860 in 45LC (only 44 and I don't want 44).

GRoomPan.jpg

GRoomL.jpg
GRoomC.jpg
GRoomR.jpg

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Hey, I thought you were into the FN FAL, yet I only see one. ??

OK, question time:
1. What's that writing all over the side of the Spandau? Let's see it!
2. The MG34 stock appears to be an original in awesome condition. Any markings?

Odd that Mad Dog cost you so much money. He saved me almost $4000 earlier this week.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Hey, I thought you were into the FN FAL, yet I only see one. ??

OK, question time:
1. What's that writing all over the side of the Spandau? Let's see it!
2. The MG34 stock appears to be an original in awesome condition. Any markings?

Odd that Mad Dog cost you so much money. He saved me almost $4000 earlier this week.
Well... I was interested in the Rhodesian FAL... I would love to get one. However they are now banned in my state. So I can't add one. Thats an IMBEL receiver from the last group that was imported. I was thinking maybe removing the L1A1 parts from it and trying to do a Rhodesian gun with it... If they were not banned, I would just do a DSA receiver version. I don't usually buy more than one of things... to many things I want to be doing that. :)

1. I have a post a while back about the writing on the Spandau. Its the story from its capture. I am pretty sure the guys who captured the gun camo painted it and displayed it with the story of the capture painted on the sideplate.
2. The MG34 stock was painted black by Yugos. I stripped the paint. I am pretty sure its German originally. Its still got some black here and there in the grain and I need to get some oil on the stock. I need to finish that gun up. Its on my short list of projects now. The MG42 is working well but I need to blue it. The MG34 has a few issues still.

Well I take donations and if you are $4k up... a few hundred in donations will not be missed, will it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
All I can say is AWSOME , very nice collection, doing some quick math I believe you have accumulated this collection in about 25 years or less , if you are to continue for another 40 years you are going to need to build a museum the size of a gymnasium !! Keep it up, Jon P

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All I can say is AWSOME , very nice collection, doing some quick math I believe you have accumulated this collection in about 25 years or less , if you are to continue for another 40 years you are going to need to build a museum the size of a gymnasium !! Keep it up, Jon P
Haha.... well lets see, I should my first gun around 2000. I think the first gun I bought that on that wall is the K98 which I bought around 2003 I want to say, when I was still in college. So everything you see there in 17 years.

That said, the rate slows seriously after some time. The things I want still are very expensive. With that said I am running into more family and friends selling off older guns that seem to be coming my way. We will see in time. I think my next MG will likely be a 1928 Tommy, a 1914 Hotchkiss or a Digger. We will see which I run into a good deal on first.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, quite the collection. Been a while since I've seen you around but looks like you're doing good.
I am here basically every day. Just not as much to post about these days. Not a long of new stuff coming in. I do have a T-Gewehr project happening but not lot that I think will draw interest here.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Awesome. I was working on a purchase of one locally, hit a snag and ended up with issues. Owner eventually ended up doing something stupid and now its part of the local policy's collection.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts